Skip to content

General My world just crumbled... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > My world just crumbled...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Father_Jack

Jun 08

Father_Jack says:

My world just crumbled...

A strange place to post something like this I know, but at the moment I don't know where I am... my wife just ended our marriage today... it looks like I could lose everything...and I'm feeling more alone than I have ever done.. I wish there was a punchline to this story but unfortunately there isn't one, neither is there a happy ending... sorry to bring a sad emotion to the forum but I just needed to put it somewhere..:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 October 2009 15:42)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

As above

Been there also..Wife left for her boss and left me with a 3 year old..Buggers still here  20 years later:smile..Everytime I see ex, it cheers me up knowing I'd have still been with her..She's aged badly and seems very unhappy..So as everyone else says..It seems hard now,, but things work out..

Reply to this Topic
whiskers

Mar 09

whiskers says:

FJ

am so sorry to hear about that your marriage has ended. There a lot of good people on here that will always listen and be a good friend to you  keep strong and we are here for you x :wink: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

bad news...

Father,...don't know your situation as regards children etc..but like people say,things will get better,but just remember being a singleton doesn't have to be a constant whirl of drink and stuffing your face.....and watch out for t**ts saying 'I thought you priests couldn't marry anyway':mad::wacko:

Reply to this Topic
plainsimple

Oct 08

plainsimple says:

stay strong Father

Sad news this is Father Jack! But you know what they say and I firmly believe in it - WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!! Don't give in to sorrow or retribution. Just try to keep your head up and keep it civilised.

You are posting a very personal note on a forum full of strangers but it's obvious everyone here is offering their sincere support and empathy.

Look forward to better days to come!!!

Reply to this Topic
stevepurcell

May 07

stevepurcell says:

jack

im local to you if you need owt,chin up mate :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Father Jack

Sorry to hear it mate ..... just remember you lived your life just fine before you met her ...and so you will again in future.

Things often happen for a reason ... you may be hurting bad right now .....but in time you will probably find someone better. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

FatherJ sorry to hear your news

I understand that for now you cannot see beyond what is happening.  But I know for sure you will see the other side, that dark void within you will slowly fill, and you will feel complete again....!  

My thoughts are with you, don't feel alone we are here if you need to reach out to someone.

Reply to this Topic
MrHarlequin

Aug 02

MrHarlequin says:

Father Jack

I've been where you are, and I won't tell you it doesn't suck big time.

HOWEVER

You will come through it and, I have no doubt, come through it a stronger person, which in turn will ensure you have a better understanding of who you are and what you want.

One of the worst things is the feeling that you're alone.  When I split with my wife, friendship, support and someone to listen to where probably the things I missed most, as our 'joint' friends either sided with her or didn't want to 'get involved'.

So, as others have said, there are plenty of people on here who will be happy to listen without agenda.

Take care

MrH

Reply to this Topic
950Darren

Oct 08

950Darren says:

Father....jack

Everything happens for a reason:blink: May not seem that way now but time will tell:wink: good luck.

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Sorry

to here this Jack, but is it deffinitely final, no chance of reconcilliation (if that's what you want)?

I know this won't mean alot at the minute but you will pick yourself up and while it may take some time you will get there mate. Life will seem shit at the minute but in the end things always sort themselves out - whether it gives you a new lease of life or whatever.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices