Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: James Toseland humbled in downpour MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: James Toseland humbled in downpour

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: James Toseland humbled in downpour

James Toseland had an instantly forgettable Malaysian MotoGP race, the British rider enduring a nightmare in the treacherously wet conditions to finish last. Woefully off the pace in the dry all weekend, the 28-year-old couldn’t find any confidence in the wet conditions either after the 21-lap race was delayed for over half-an-hour following a tropical storm.  Starting from the back row...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 October 2009 19:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
elvisp77

Mar 06

elvisp77 says:

cardiology

Cardiology, Stew9955 and Ben52 some people who talk sense at last!

How refreshing!

Unfortunately Ben52, the Bradley Slagging has already started on here, it's very sad. 

Reply to this Topic
SBKdolly

Sep 09

SBKdolly says:

A bet he is a madman in the gym, I really admire his fitness levels ( and his body!!) , perhaps that is where all the nastyness stems from.  Those balding, fat JT haters are just pissed of because he turns there girlfriends heads!!!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

yeah, cry me a river cardiology

Why in the world would anyone be jealous of the guy in last place? Jeez, you could of at least said Rossi or Stoner and it would have sounded a whole lot better!

I'm not having a go at James like everyone on the post - I'm having one at people like you!

Always crying about "give poor ol' James a break" and lot and making excuse after excuse. He's already had his break. He's a big boy - he doesn't need you to take up for him. Let him stand on his result or lack there of. If it was anyone else, especially Edwards, you guys would be laughing your asses off and saying "good for him". But since it's poor ol' James you're having a pity party and crying in your tea.

The only thing I've been doing is putting you guys wishful yet hopeless, baseless, and factless assessment of JT in a results base and factual comment. All of the "well, he's just as good as racer X" or "he's doing just as good as this guy did" and the like which 10 times out 10 have been wrong based on results.

Now you crying out to get the post "moderated" because people are saying things you don't like. How Nazi of you, thanks. Last I check people can have their own ideas and own opinions. If you don't like what's being said than don't read it!

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

SBKdolly

he is pretty awesome in the gym, glad i didnt have to go head to head with him, made a few Marines struggle!

Wife was gutted when he rang her and she didnt pick up, so he left a message, what a top bloke, good luck next year, see hin at Kyalami

Reply to this Topic
Almighty

Oct 09

Almighty says:

I can't help but think that you have to question what the team are doing.  For sure, James was the one out there actually riding the bike.  But this is a guy who has won two World championships, and proved that when the package is to his liking, he's certainly capable of finishing in at least the top six (these are facts, not opinion).  How is it then that in the great leveller that is the rain, he is out there on a bike that he says he has so little feel with, he's five seconds off the pace?  No matter how much he may or may not be struggling with his own performance, that sort of difference has to be at least in part, down to the bike.  If Rossi were to tell Mr Burges that he has no feel from the bike and seems to have little grip, you can be sure that he would find a way to rectify it that weekend, let alone by the end of the season!  We'll never know for sure how much is the rider and how much is the bike/tyre package, but I think that it's no coincidence that for the one weekend when Toseland had a senior and experienced Yamaha factory man in his garage, he showed instant signs of improvement.

Reply to this Topic
SBKdolly

Sep 09

SBKdolly says:

Ben52

I bet she was gutted, I have met him quite a few times and he always takes the time to talk and do autographs for hours on end! And in reply to RawDawg, I don't think any one has a problem with people having other opions or not rating a certain rider. However, some of the replys posted on here by the likes of you are just aggressive!

Reply to this Topic
billy52

May 09

billy52 says:

Got an idea

I got an idea how about if if all the sane people just dont use this site anymore and leave it to all those sad  small minded people like raw bog and the likes can all have there own little  site to there selfves and can slag of James  to there hearts content .Call it care in the community site ,offer chill pills to the members .MCN wouldnt like it cause we wouldnt see the adverts but there is a price to pay for everything .Like most cant wait for next WSB season ,will have my 52 shirt on flags made up trips abroad heaven.If James wins another title dont worry boys we know its because its the bike and the way Ben set it up for him.Dont bother to reply not coming back on site anymore boys you are on your OWN.

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

i have to agree with the sane people on this site raw dog and his british hater buddies on this site need to go away,but this is a free world so we cant stop him. james has had a poor season he knows this and he says he just wants this season over. The only thing i cant understand is he says he still has unfinished work in moto gp but then comes out with i want to beat foggys success in wsbk so has he now got no plans to go back to moto gpif he was offered it?If he wins the wsbk championship next season where does he go then.

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

...back comes the cracked record...

RawDawg. You just don't get it do you?

I'm glad to see a few people have taken the time to write posts in support of JT, he could no doubt do with a lift.

I've never met JT. But in MCN, Bike and all the other biking publications, I've read story after story about what a nice lad James is and how he gives as much time for his fans as he can. I've never seen one bad word written about the guy from people who've actually met him. Also, on TV he comes across as a really nice lad - when he was standing on the start line at one of the races he wished Suzy Perry all the best after her illness. Now knowing you RawDawg, you'd probably go "...well he should have been concentrating on the race while he was stood there..." but he wanted to give his best to Suzy despite the fact he was about to fling himself round a track at 200mph. That takes strength of character and mettle.

He's stood tall, despite being given the run around by Yamaha, never once said a bad word against Colin Edwards, despite all the provocation by Mr Edwards (who came 13th on Sun) and never once said a word about Tech 3, who's ability to help a talented rider struggling for grip has been pretty woeful.

James could have spilt the beans, bitched and moaned about all of the above, and played the blame game like a premiership footballer. But he didn't. He kept a dignified silence on all these issues and squarely blamed himself. When he arrived at Tech3, he was front row in his first GP and came 6th in the race. He hasn't got worse as a rider, he's just found it impossible to get a good direction for the bike with such limited setup time. A good team principal is worth their weight in gold on this one (eg Jerry B). When James has a settled bike underneath him, he can ride the wheels off it, it's just pure bad luck that he was in the wrong team at the wrong time. But that's besides the point...

James is a good guy, takes time for his fans and works as hard as anyone in the paddock. That sort of thing doesn't count for much in your world, RawDawg, but it does in mine. He's a 2 time WSBK champion, who's endured the worst season of his career, but still he's been a stand-up guy.

I respect that. I tip my hat to James.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Some people might disagree but subconsciously I think James has looked at the weather, looked at his P45 from Tech 3, lookeed at the circuit where he had an almighty off earlier in the year and thought (subconsciously remember) you know what I'm gonna take it easy and be in one piece for the first test of the next chapter in my career in a couple of days. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices