Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: World Supersport Champion 2009 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Cal Crutchlow: World Supersport Champion 2009

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Cal Crutchlow: World Supersport Champion 2009

Cal Crutchlow became Britain's first-ever World Supersport champion in a year that has seen him become hot property in the world of racing. With ten poles and five wins, Crutchlow took the title by seven points after a tactical ride to fourth place at Portimao. After extensive celebrations the 23-year-old arrived in parc ferme in tears, overwhelmed at his achievement of becoming...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 October 2009 09:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ameg2808

May 08

ameg2808 says:

brilliant

well done to Cal, this has been the most exciting championship to watch this year (usually is though) roll on 2010 cant wait to see ya in supers

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Brilliant

AGREED

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Brilliant

AGREED

Reply to this Topic
jtfan

Jul 09

jtfan says:

Well done!

What a cracking season!!

I will always remember being at Donington when he won, and whether it was deliberate or not, there was a Spitfire flypast as he was on the podium :-)

So looking forward to watching him and James next year!!

Reply to this Topic
nigeleaton

Jun 04

nigeleaton says:

Pride of Britain

Well done Cal, something we can all be proud of Looking forward to next year's GB dream team in Superbikes

Reply to this Topic
SBKdolly

Sep 09

SBKdolly says:

So pleased!

I have always rated this lad, really glad that he won, he has got a great career ahead of him!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Cal

Great riding from Cal. Hope he gets ti grips with the r1 next year , we'll see from the portimao testing .He's getting an experienced teammate aswell in JT . I'd have to say he ought to be beating JT regularly , Cals on top form where as JT has to get his head together

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

A great result and well earned for sure. What a great year this has been for Yamaha. Motogp, WSB, WSS & BSB championships.

Wish Cal had taken up the Moto2 option though with Gresini Honda.

Reply to this Topic
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

Watch this space

In my humble opinion,Cal is the best we have in Britain at the moment  ( Bradley is superb however does not have 600 or bigger experience yet ) and will brilliant on the R1. I really feal that he has the ability to take the title next season. My only concern is that the Yamaha will not be "Factory" next year and I wonder if they will have the backing etc which they have enjoyed this year.

I hope JT has a good year too however I know who my money is on.

Reply to this Topic
675cc

Oct 09

675cc says:

'back streets of Coventry' ????? I DON'T think so! not many underprivileged kids had their parents sponsor them with machinery etc at 15 yrs of age! Great rider, but big headed, unfortunately! I also think there are other riders who would have done equally well on that package.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices