Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: World Supersport Champion 2009 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Cal Crutchlow: World Supersport Champion 2009

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Cal Crutchlow: World Supersport Champion 2009

Cal Crutchlow became Britain's first-ever World Supersport champion in a year that has seen him become hot property in the world of racing. With ten poles and five wins, Crutchlow took the title by seven points after a tactical ride to fourth place at Portimao. After extensive celebrations the 23-year-old arrived in parc ferme in tears, overwhelmed at his achievement of becoming...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 October 2009 09:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SP63

Mar 07

SP63 says:

Cal

Richard 1967;  Being aware of where Cal spent his schooldays, I would doubt that he comes from an "affluent" background, if the catchment area is anything to go by. His Dad was a racer so maybe that helped his career?? Cal could have signed as a professional footballer as well.Not signing for Coventry City was definitely the right decision.

I'm very disappointed that his local press have so far failed to acknowledge his achievement....disgraceful!

675cc; rather than label him "big headed", I would prefer to say that Cal is single minded and has the arrogance of a winner (ala fogarty). Not necessarily endearing I know, but if he gets his chance with the Elite of MotoGp, he won't be fazed. There should be great battles with Johnny Rea next year.

Reply to this Topic
675cc

Oct 09

675cc says:

maybe if he was 'less a la Fogarty' the Coventry Telegraph may well have been more inclined to hail a local World Champion. Cal does not exactly come over as a 'nice, type of chap! One can't bring his riding ability into question though.

Reply to this Topic
zzrbear

Jul 09

zzrbear says:

NO !!!

Sorry Glynn Racing , but I 've got to disagree with you about Bradley and Cal . Both have had great years, but the route to ultimate success in motogp has been proven to be through the 125's and 250's ( soon to be moto2 ) not through WSS or WSB - look at the " gang of 4 " at the top of motogp . Unfortunately all the Brits take the BSB , WSS /WSB tried and trusted route to ..... WSB . So I hope Bradley stays in 125's and wins the world title - god knows we've waited long enough for a champion in gp's - then goes to proven moto2 team next year, after the 1st year dust settles. Equally I hope Cal has a great year in WSB - and gets plucked out of it into gp's - even gp2 - as soon as possible .

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Cal

Hi SP63 i have deleted my last post , I actually missread it I thought mcn had said Cal came from the backstreets of Coventry ,after checking;doh .As for football its not as exciting but it is payed better than bike racing If youre good enough .I dont have a problem with people being able to afford racing , good luck to them .As for attitudes some riders have a good reason to be big heads , Foggy was great and he knew it he got inside their heads ,.Those at the top of motogp are irritating at times Rossi and lorenzo are close to disappearing up their own arses .

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

knockers

Blimey you guys must be English. Can't even be happy when we have a world champ unless you are knocking him.

Well done Cal a great season and a well deserved championship.

Reply to this Topic
bazclark

Oct 09

bazclark says:

the champ

Well done mate, get on and enjoy it,  follow your heart on this journey cos who knows where it will end up. Again well done .

Reply to this Topic

Feb 06

020528 says:

675cc

Dude, I couldn't disagree more - I think Cal comes across as a top bloke.  Good work Mr C.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Portimao first session

Well he's started out the Portimao test with a bang. He's a whisker over a second slower than Rea, who is fastest, but he's running within a tenth of Fabrizio. So far he's lapping 2 seconds faster than Toseland (who hasn't seen the track before). But he's already been on the floor (unhurt). Nothing if not a trier, as ever!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

You're talking crap with your comments.  Conversely Cal could have won on a different package also!  As for the comments on a newspaper article, e.g. (Fogartyesque) attitude that kept him out of the local papers, you're a complete idiot!

Well done Cal and best of luck in WSBK, he's going to be in it to win it for sure.  If we were to name all the arrogant riders that won titles, you'd have a long list.   Cal has the killer instinct on and off the track, nothing more nothing less...

Reply to this Topic
poshbird1000

Apr 09

poshbird1000 says:

Well done Cal.Well deserevd championship.Good luck for next year.Liz in Lanzarote.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices