Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Would you consider buying the Honda CB1100? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Would you consider buying the Honda CB1100?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Poll: Would you consider buying the Honda CB1100?

Honda wants to know if you would buy the CB1100 which was shown at the Tokyo Motor Show for the first time in full production form. At the moment there aren’t plans to bring the bike to Europe or anywhere else outside Japan because Honda is concerned it won’t be able to see enough to keep the price realistic. In Japan it’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 October 2009 16:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

YES But....

Id want the faired version instead.

Pure RS1000 Gold!

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

No

The price is outrageous too.  25 years ago, I'd have said yes.

Reply to this Topic
stabber

Sep 09

stabber says:

No

Too expensive & not different enough for the money, I'd rather buy Hondas own CB1300 or Yamahas XJR1300 instead. However, I would definately consider buying the CB1100R.

Reply to this Topic
MrToadx

Sep 09

MrToadx says:

YES to CB1100

Lovely looking bike... would definitely consider. The price needs to be right though... circa £6k, and it musn't weigh too much. Bikini faired version would be nice as well. Whether its down to exchange rate issues or not, there's too many bikes creeping up to £10k and above, where they are very hard to justify or afford especially in these tough times.

Reply to this Topic
MrToadx

Sep 09

MrToadx says:

and......VTR250F

Whilst I'm voting on this - might as well add - where's the VTR250F? That is a lovely bike..and still no news on when its coming to the UK! Come on Honda!!................. how hard can it be? lovely baby V twin, 70 mpg, great for smaller riders, already on sale in EU..

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

The problem is...

...what we now expect for the money. I'll vote `yes`, but not at any price, only the RIGHT price. Honda have a predilection for over-pricing that is completely at odds with the harsh economic realities of todays recession-hit world, so I have no confidence in their ability to get this right, even though in terms of look and design it's almost there. `Almost` as in it should have been a 750...

Reply to this Topic
greg1948

May 06

greg1948 says:

A bike has to have something that 'grabs you' make you buy it and so far retro bikes havent done it for me, So at the moment it has to be no.

Nice of Honda to ask though seing as they didnt bother before they dumped the new VFR on us.

Reply to this Topic
Veeny

Jul 06

Veeny says:

Yes

A great demonstration of the choice available to us at the shops.

I clearly sit on the opposite side of the fence to Greg and to me this looks like a beauty with Honda build to match, so I'm a definite yes.

It looks like a Triumph but without the  black puddle underneath it.

Reply to this Topic
Mr Kurtz

Jul 08

Mr Kurtz says:

CB1100F

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.

...at the right price and if the final design is as striking as the images released by MCN in July (especially the blue and silver one) rather than the monotone offering above.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2009/July/jul0209-honda-cb1100f-closer-to-production/

...and if it is supposed to be a "proper bike" using metal instead of plastic for the mudguards and side panels would be good.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

CB1100

I will be in the market for a retro early next year, but there is a good choice available for less than £6,500, so as long as its priced properly, ie with due regard to current financial strictures, I would definitely consider it.  Above that price - forget it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices