Skip to content

Discuss This Aprilia RSV4-R first ride! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Aprilia RSV4-R first ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Aprilia RSV4-R first ride!

The Aprilia RSV4-R costs £12,449 and is available in dealers now. The compact V4 engine is exactly the same as the Factory’s, it’s only the chassis components which have been altered, with Ohlins suspension replaced by Showa forks and a Sachs rear shock.  Aprilia RSV4-R launch cut short Wheels are cast aluminium rather than forged, and some of the Factory’s carbon body...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 October 2009 11:48)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Ugg!

That 'elbow-down' picture just looks overly stretche, awkward and stupid. I hope that's not a promo shot!

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Looks great

Great looking bike! Almost better then the BMW.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Yup..

...no denying it's a lovely looking bike and I'll be hoping some of our local dealers get some test bikes in.

-and we know from WSB that it'll shift!

- Just really not sure on that exaggerated pose...

Reply to this Topic
crappyname

Feb 09

crappyname says:

RSV

Best bike on the market - I want one!

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

Slipper clutch??...

Take it that the RSV4 doesnt have a slipper clutch, if it does Aprilliam may want to get it working properly!?.. Lol. Judging by some of the shots, think that it could possibly do with one!??.. (Looks like a gr8 bike to get the back end out on corner entry tho!!)

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Looks wise anyway, it makes the R1 look fat & bloated.

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

great bike , pity about the tossa trying to ride it, someone should tell him mr spies gets his elbows down because he is leaning the bike over, not keeping the bike upright like a vertical vera and then leaning over so far to make one self look a right prat. I just hope his road test is more meaningful.

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

nigel100, those shots are press pack pictures of an Aprilia rider - and yes, he looks silly! You'll be glad to hear that I can't get my elbow down!

Michael Neeves, Senior Road Tester, MCN

Reply to this Topic
rsvforum

Apr 09

rsvforum says:

Nigel100

Road test? For a racing bike? Was this a joke?

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Elbows and all

Check out the ground clearance under the bike in the 'elbow' shot ,i suspect the bikes actually stationary and he's holding the weight of the bike up with his elbow.

As for shot 3 the bike does have a slipper clutch, he's just feathering the rear brake for more 'upright sability'.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices