Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha want Valentino Rossi on lifetime deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha want Valentino Rossi on lifetime deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha want Valentino Rossi on lifetime deal

Yamaha is trying to secure Valentino Rossi on a lifetime contract to stop the newly crowned world champion from making a Ducati switch in 2011. Rumours about a big money future move to Ducati and Rossi’s recent disillusionment at the renewal of Jorge Lorenzo’s Yamaha contract has led to intense speculation that he will quit Yamaha at the end of 2010. Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 October 2009 15:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I think Yamaha thought they had him for life, he said as much himself untill all these rumours about Ducati started coming out of the Rossi camp.

Hmmm.....

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Bring a big Checkbook!

Because Rossi is no fool. It will cost Yamaha not just Rossi's enormous (and growing) salary, a lot of money for development (perhaps Rossi Exclusive parts?) but also that of Jeremy Burgess and crew. Since Rossi will surely demand all the best on all fronts. Should Casey, or Jorge or some other upstart completely dominate Rossi next season however, all that could change. For the moment he has all the chips though!

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Just one problem...

..He's called Lorenzo ... If Yamaha want to keep Rossi (and of COURSE they do!!) they will have to make him the number one rider in the team and therefore not developing a bike for his main rival. Lose Lorenzo and keep Rossi simple really.. However I reckon Yamaha have blown it and should have shipped out Lorenzo this year.. I reckon Rossi will go to a one man Ducati team in 2011 and Lorenzo and Spies will ride for Yamaha.. The only other way would be for Lorenzo to go to Honda and Rossi to partner Spies on the M1.. Of course Yamaha are keen to keep Rossi, man I bet he sells alot of R6/R1's!!!!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

About JL

In the last 11 races it's 9-2 to Rossi in terms of finishing in front. In any other sport on earth that would be total domination.

It will be harder next year, but only because he's getting older. There isn't a new Rossi out there at the moment if there was he wouldn't be winning. Be interesting to see what the newcomers do. I know Casey has most wins but I think he won more in 2007 than he has in the last two years put together which puts a clearly light on it. Rossi is also the only guy to retain the title in 800s or for that matter 990s.

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

Once Spies establishes himself in motogp, Yamaha will want to have Rossi , Lorenzo & Spies on factory machines.  Maybe they might form a single rider team for rossi (like the old honda nastro azzuro sponsored outfit), while spies & lorenzo will run the Fiat backed squad.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Yam losing business

It is bit ironic that the Yam’s president stepped down a day after Rossi won the title by taking the responsibility for the worst financial performance in 26 years. They are losing big time, expecting net loss for 1.8B dollars this year. The bike and marine sales in the US and Europe plunged especially hard even with Rossi’s popularity. It is also ironic that Honda is doing much better in the mid of the global recession. They are expecting the net income for 1.5B dollars, quite opposite to Yam. New president said they are facing the most difficult time since the inception of the company. Furusawa seems to try to retain Rossi at any costs. They may even cut the development costs to pay for his huge salary if sponsor money is not enough. Furusawa’s goal is winning the title with Rossi.  They are blatantly relying on him and his team. What do they do after he leaves? Lorenzo is certain to leave… I do not think he trusts Furusawa who even predicts he is going to Honda from 2011.

Reply to this Topic
Silky600

Oct 09

Silky600 says:

Watch This Space!

I cant see how Yamaha are strugaling as therr having the best year ever! They have just won the WSB, the WSS, the BSB, and the MotoGP titles which is all off the back of Rossi's development filtering down into these production bikes. Amazing! The problem lies with Rossi, because he's so talented and has hugh ambitions he will all ways need new challenges in life, and in Motogp there is only so much time before he out grows Yamaha and he needs a new challenge. The challange being Ducati! Obviously the money is important but when you have a team mate winning races off the back of all his hard work then its only going to annoy him. So if Yamaha dont do anything then Rossi will and it wont be signing a life long deal with them. Racing is business and Rossi knows how to do business. So next year will be really interesting for him. He still has records to break so the challenge is still there in a big way as is his commitment to the sport.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hugelean the statistical manipulator

Being anally retentive I love a good statistic. Odd thought that you only picked the last 11 races when the season to date is sixteen races long - I wonder why? Whole season 11 vs 5 favour Rossi. Excluding DNF's - 7 vs 3 favour Rossi. Win's 6 vs 4 favour Rossi. Oh but here's the biggy 2nd place finishes Lorenzo out scores Rossi 5 to 4! Wow! Hardly domination. The point is Stats are a load of bollocks at the best of times. Only the end of season tally counts. Lorenzo is a very worthy championship runner up who pushed Rossi to the penultimate race. Next year he'll push him a little harder again. That's if Casey doesn't wipe the floor with the lot of them ala 2007 once more.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Lorenzo

Why did yamaha sign lorenzo? Rossi was/is still on top form , was it to stop anyone else signing him? if so lorenzos getting shit on ,if not then he was signed up to take over from rossi when rossi slows down , well theres a red rag to a bull if ever there was one .To keep rossi lorenzo has to go

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Obvious!

Come on man. Yamaha would be insane to say anything other than this! Rossi is MotoGP! It pains me to say that, but it is the truth. But make no mistake Rossi is leaving MotoGP some day, and you had better have someone to backfill the spot when he does! I think back to Wayne Raineys untimely departure from the series. Yamaha and the sport as a whole were unable to immediately recover after Waynes accident. Schwantz had no one left to race with after that and I am sure that had a huge part in his retirement decision. Rossi leaving would hand over the reins of MotoGP to wet blankets like Stoner and Pedrosa were it not for people like Jorge Lorenzo, or one of the new up and comers to step in and give it some spice. MotoGP lacks the personalities to draw new fans to the series. The pitiful grids and lack of a major draw such as Rossi or a major Rivalry like Schwantz VS Rainey will kill MotoGP otherwise.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices