Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa: ‘I can be world champion with Honda’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa: ‘I can be world champion with Honda’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa: ‘I can be world champion with Honda’

Dani Pedrosa insists he can still become MotoGP world champion at Honda. The Spaniard recently signed a one-year extension to his factory HRC contract having been linked with a big-money switch to Ducati. The 23-year-old has yet to come close to winning the premier class crown despite four years at HRC. But he remains confident his title ambitions can be fulfilled at Honda,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (27 October 2009 16:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TheFan

Sep 09

TheFan says:

i'm not sure he will ever be world champion the honda is deffinately capable of winning the title

the best start would be getting rid of alberto puig

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I have grown to like Dani, that must be the Stoner factor.It's hard to believe he has been in the top flight for 4years and he is still only 23!

How he will fare against the rush of new blood coming into the championship next year is anyones guess. He will always win the odd race but the consistency to win the title may never be there.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

It's possible

i don't think the Honda is far off the mark, Dani needs to pull it together and gain a bit of confidence,he is young enough and in a way as a slight outsider the heat is off him a little so don't discount it,that bike would still be world champion with VR on it ,it's easy to forget where the m1 was when Rossi first piloted it,he will be in the mix next year i'm sure

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hard to Believe indeed Boybilly

That's because he's actually 24! Harder to believe is that he's 5 ft 2in in stature. 4' 11"  on his tippy toes I say. Dani you've got to stop standing next to Vale, or at least get on that top box more to even things out. Yes he can win the title, but he needs to find more aggression and Honda more consistency.

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

Dani the Champ

I don't see it happening while Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner are around. He's good,  no doubt about it, and the Honda is getting better. But he just doesn't have the aggression, the killer instinct to mix it up with the other guys, and so he loses out. If he can get to the corner first and put a gap between him and the others, he's all good to win that race, but if the others keep him in close and put the overtakes on him, I think he just runs out of steam far too quickly and just cant keep up. Well that's what I'm reckoning anyway!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

eeerrr....no

not while rossi,stoner and lorenzo are around mate,and when go you`ll be old as well and there will be young fresh faces coming through............you`ve never looked like championship material in the premier class

Reply to this Topic
scatterbrained

Oct 09

It's Karma.

As an  Amarican I see this as karma coming back on the Honda team. Even as Hayden was winning the world title they were busy re-engineering their bike for the lilliputian Pedrobot.  Repsol made it clear that they wanted a Spanish GP champ and honda tried to oblige them by giving Dani top billing despite him having finished second to Hayden.  Now they find themselves behind both Yamaha and Ducati with one of their factory riders fighting for his championship position against a privateer rider.              Pedrosa just doesn't have the mettle to fight it out with Stoner, Rossi and Lorenzo. It is somehow always the bikes fault. Funny, I distincly remember him setting a fastest lap a few races ago while running a distant third towards the end of the race. That sounds more like and inconsistant rider. Amazing how the bike must be miraculously working fine when he wins.                                               

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

and then pedrobot fell out of bed realising it was just a dream

Reply to this Topic
Silky600

Oct 09

Silky600 says:

Wrong wrong wrong!

Again as i just said in my last post about Doohan talking. All he ever does is blame the bike there he is again saying that Honda need to build a winning bike and he know's they can do it, Well the only way they will do this is when they have a descent enougth rider who knows how to give them usefull information on what needs changing and what direction to go in and blatently he hasn't a clue. It really annoys me that someone can be in his position as the main factory rider and he's standing there blaming the bike. Hasn't he learnt anything from watching Rossi go from Honda To Yamaha which lets face it was no where near a good enough bike to win a race let alone a championship or even 4! He needs to get his head round development first and stop blaming Honda and take it like a man, well a little man!

Reply to this Topic
niklasaviator

Jul 07

Silky600

I couldn't agree with you more, and I couldn't have said it better myself. It just goes to show what knd of person he is looking at the way  he treated the world champion of 2006, Nicky Hayden

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices