Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith close to new 125GP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith close to new 125GP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith close to new 125GP deal

Bradley Smith is close to finalising details of a new deal with the Aspar Aprilia 125GP team. The 18-year-old had wanted to move to the Moto2 600cc world championship in 2010 but the Spanish-based Aspar squad will move to the new class with reigning world 125GP champion Julian Simon and Frenchman Mike di Meglio. Fausto Gresini’s squad has also approached Smith for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 October 2009 17:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

j.o

aah , ok cheers , thought with a name like that she or he was a brit racer from yesteryear , 50s , 60s or 70s . must admit sounds like the wife from on the bus's ( nhs black glass's ) remember her . cheers .

Reply to this Topic
juan el sombrero

Nov 07

taking a good lead before it starts!

Bradley smith knew this news months ago. Gresini is also the same team that may be running Elias next year in Moto2,it is also the same team that Crutchlow looked at joining before signing with Yamaha in Sbk. Yes it would be nice to see Smith up in Moto2, but think about this years season? He has been running at his best but gets his top spot ruined by Simon at the last minute! If he stays then who will be his biggest threat? Not his team mate and that is the first person to beat. Its the same situation as Matia Passini-all his class are moving up to Gp but he is being realistic and staying for the 600s-who has he got to battle that he hasnt already battled with? Yes there will be some excellent talent coming up to Moto2 but Passini will be more suited to the 600s than 800s. More to the point what is happening to Redding and Webb? Webb has a broken foot-his bike has broken more parts than MCcoy broke bones! Redding is not having any better luck-his bike is not on form this year-and the Bluesens squad is supposed to be the team to watch next year in Moto2! Good luck to them all next year-the main thing is that we have some british talent in the series and keep them there! Roll on 2010!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
juan el sombrero

Nov 07

oh and now it appears gresini has funding problems-nuf said then!!

Reply to this Topic
muttleywoof

Oct 09

muttleywoof says:

Ladies and Gents, I am new to this Forum but have followed it for  some time. I will make no apologies for being gutted that James Toseland has lost his ride, but that is exactly what has happened, HE lost his ride. As a nation please let us get behing Bradley and the other young thrusters who have got the talent and opportunity to gravitate to the top level of Moto GP by the tried and tested route. Valentino can not be wrong?!!!

Reply to this Topic
proliteguy

Jun 09

proliteguy says:

Bradley Smith

I actually know Bradley pretty well and was with him the whole weekend at Malaysia. The comments about his size is obviously made by people who have never stood next to his team mates or rivals who are built like mini brick shit houses. He has a personal trainer who very carefully controls how he trains and I can also tell you Bradley is no fool when it comes to his training programme.

His mental approach for an 18 year old is truly amazing and having seen the many offers he has had for 2010 I can tell you that there is no shortage of offers on the table. I really dont think he will simply get on a moto gp 2 bike just to be there in its first year. 2010 will be his best shot at 125 title and I personally think with the knowledge he now has, the team around him who are a superb crew and his family who work tirelessly for him, the chances of him being world champion are the best ever.

As a sponsor of Bradley I can say it has been a pleasure to support him this year and we will increase our sponsorship to try and give him every possible advantage he can get to be 2010 champion.May I suggest as many of you as possible get together for 2010 and try to organise trips to the races in Europe and show him that you are behind him. Lets show those Spaniards and Italians that Britain can also rally together to get behind its best rider who a long time. I for sure will be happy to join you guys and girls where possible for a Saturday night BBQ at the track and I am sure old Bradders would not to be too shy to come and say hello.

If you do organise anything get in touch with me via www.pro-lite.net

Reply to this Topic
PhilthyPhil

Aug 02

PhilthyPhil says:

No surprises

I would have expected Simon & di Meglio to be Aspar's Moto2 riders next year, but Bradley is in the box seat for next year's 125 title.

But I hope he gets a Moto2 ride, as it will be the place to be to get the neccasary  experience to step into MotoGP.

WSB has proven to be a dead end as far as getting to MotoGP goes. I won't be upset if Spies proves me wrong though.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

proliteguy

Thanks it is so refreshing to read some good factual material these days instead of the contant drivel we get from the numptys that think they know it all!

Reply to this Topic
proliteguy

Jun 09

proliteguy says:

Bradley Smith

Thanks for your reply, it would be great if we can get a whole gang of people to come to European races in 2010, its not expensive if we plan ahead. I will happily pay for flags and banners to show the world Rossi is not the only colour, lets do it guys and girls.

Reply to this Topic
proliteguy

Jun 09

proliteguy says:

Bradley Smith

Check out these pictures www.pro-lite.net and go to the gallery

Reply to this Topic
custarduk

Nov 08

custarduk says:

Bradly Smith - Man with a plan

To me it looks like Bradley has a plan, we shouldn't get impatient, he's young and I think this lad know's what he's doing.

I think he has everything to gain by staying with Aspar in the 125 class and could risk everything he's worked hard for by going to Moto2, which is going to be such an unknown entity in 2010. By 2011 they'll have ironed out the kinks and Aspar or one of the other top teams are more likely to have established themselves. If Bradley wins the 125 championship in 2010 he's likely to have the pick of the top Moto2 teams at the end of the season, all before he's 20 years old.

I wish you all the best next year Bradley! Good luck mate!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices