Skip to content

Discuss This Kevin Schwantz to head Suzuki satellite squad in 2011? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kevin Schwantz to head Suzuki satellite squad in 2011?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kevin Schwantz to head Suzuki satellite squad in 2011?

American legend Kevin Schwantz could be the figurehead of a new Suzuki MotoGP team planned to debut in 2011, MCN can reveal. The Texan, who has been linked previously with a management role at Suzuki’s factory squad, is part of an ambitious project to run GSV-R engines in a Japanese built chassis. Currently at the planning stage, the project is being masterminded...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 October 2009 17:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

We desperatly need more bikes on the grid so Schwantz should be aplauded and I hope this comes off, but Suzuki engines?

I think leasing them off any manfacturer other than Suzuki would be a far better idea as their usability, power and as we have seen recently, reliability are questionable.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Jeez

ok, first we have heard that Schwantz will be leading a team for the past 2 season. do it already or stop reporting it!

Secondly, if he is building his own bike with a leased enging WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE CHOOSE SUZUKI?! I know Kevin is a Suzuki man but really this is a losing effort. The engine is the weakest in the field and the Suzuki riders have been complaining about top speed all year. The Suzuki hasn't been one of the fastest bikes in MotoGP since Sheene was on one! And if he's buying into some Suzuki talk that they will improve than he's falling for the same bullshit he did when he raced for them and he hasn't learnt a thing.

God bless Revvin' Kevin Schwantz and I hope he gets it done but for heaven sakes please choose another engine!

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

How many times has this

story surfaced in the last three years? Kevin knows his shit, but this story is getting old. Why the hell would they want to lease the Suzuki motors? It is widely acknowledged as the the slowest and shortest lived engine of all the factory bikes! Heres a better idea. FIRE PAUL DENNING and hire Schwantz to right the ship before it sinks! He should have been fired simply for not signing Ben Spies when he had the chance! Look how that turned out! The man is simply out of control of the factory squad and now he is going to destroy Bautista's career.

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

Not again!?..

De-ja-vu??..

MAYBE?.....Suzuki should sort out there engines first, so that they last for more than a handfull of laps before giving up!?.. It would'nt be SUCH a big issue if they were any bloody good for those few laps that they seem to last.. But there not!! However saying that, more bikes on the grid cant be a good thing??.. Although I cant honestly see them challenging for anything much better than top tens if there lucky......

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The short engine life would be bad enough if they were getting decent results with the bike, but.........

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

team usa

As good a rider Schwantz was & probably the most talented rider I've ever seen, there's no getting away from the fact that he's biased towards his home riders, the same as a few who've put comments on here, so it'll be no surprise to find that the riders he's got lined up are from the good old USA...so it won't be of any benefit to us Europeans!!

Reply to this Topic
TheRash

May 08

TheRash says:

Good for MotoGP

MotoGP needs more bikes and more riders. It is too boring - so this is good news.  It's also good for Suzuki because the Suzuki factory GP team has been a joke for way too long.  Schwantz could at least manage the development of the GP machine which seems to not have happened since Kenny Roberts 500cc championship.  Suzuki GP has become some kind of retirement home for english team managers.

Something is also really wrong with Suzuki worldwide when they had a rider like Ben Spies on a factory team and they did not pick him up for either WSBK or MotoGP.  So I hope it happens and its not just some MCN fantasy.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

not a big surprise!

He has been wanting to run the Suzuki team for a little while now,He has even had a few digs at the current manager in an attempt to, shall we say, see if the spot came available,not really sure what his motivation is after all this time ? i have to admit to being suspicious of his seemingly ruthless desire for the job,however if that came in the form of a new team then it has to be good news however,Suzuki have to get more competative,they seem to have a history of being great followed by years of wilderness,You could say that honda are out of sorts at present but in my opinion only marginally so, Lacking in truth only by the Rossi factor,lets hope we do get some new teams involved,on another note I don't know if it's the sun but god doesn't Shwantz look old ? and Denning ,pull your socks up next year or it's my guess you will be a gonner

Reply to this Topic
TheRash

May 08

TheRash says:

Motivation ? End of AMA SBK

One motivation is the death of superbike racing in the USA. He has been working with Yosh Suzuki in addition to running his riding school. However most people can see the writing on the wall for AMA SBK - which is being turned into a club racing series. He along with many riders, mechanics, crews etc are looking overseas (outside the USA) to continue their racing careers and/or interests.

Reply to this Topic
gaztl1000r

Aug 02

gaztl1000r says:

good idea???

sounds great if more of the manufacturers jump on the same band wagon

honda have already dipped their toes into the engine supply,when they supplied kenny with the 990 engine which proved very succesful,they obviously got cold feet on the idea when their 800 motor was so slow,they also supplied moriwaki, but come on how about kawasaki developing their engine for moriwaki,anyone out there want to see a moriwaki kawasaki running again?

or how about a harris yamaha, or how about getting the great name of bimota back into building kits ,

also how about another oddball idea of mine

full monty superbike engines in protortype chassis purely for privateer teams to be run with the 800's

could be one relativly low cost way of filling the grids,

come on dorna get talkin to flamini to work something out,do you really want to be at the point where there are not enough riders for the points???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices