Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Kawasaki GTR1400 first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Kawasaki GTR1400 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Kawasaki GTR1400 first ride

The new Kawasaki GTR1400 boasts traction control, linked brakes and improved comfort. According to our road tester Adam Child, it has "the best traction control system on a road bike yet." Watch the video below for his first ride report from the launch. Video: Kawasaki GTR1400 official promo Video: Kawasaki GTR1400 traction control explained http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 October 2009 09:35)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rooos

Jun 09

Rooos says:

mainly 1400

The fist time I saw this bike I knew that I would have to have one. Then the first time I rode it I definitely then knew for sure that's the one for me. The shear power of the beast that warmed my insides on that cold day [ that I did test ride it ] , was enough proof for me that this bike had what it takes to be a good ride.  I remember back in the seventies the bike I chose to take me around part of Aussie land [ well it wasn't a tourer ], but hell of a great motor ,as for the bike it handled like a flexing roller-coaster. How-ever it was a great bike for acceleration, back then...H2 Mach4 750 triple two-stroke,but here we are 2009 and they finally managed to make another bike in the 4'stroke version [ a little heavier, some what faster in the 1/4 mile ], making me feel like a new born rider all over again. THIS bike [kawa 1400 ] handles the twisties with eaase, and power to give with lots in reserve. It's the bike of the new decade and the protortype of things to come, simple riding with the help of modern techno-on board computed worry-free. It is a great bike to challenge all roads, easy to ride great to handle. ONE up for Kawasaki.... keep it coming mates.

Reply to this Topic
urbmark

Nov 07

urbmark says:

The New Concours 2010

I'm looking forward to the group test. But I feel the write up in yesterdays MCN ( 28/10/2009 ) didn't tell us anything more than we already knew from press releases and internet talk. Can we please though... Include a verdict two up and fully loaded with a top box ? Does it weave at speed when fully loaded IE Pan European esque ? What are the headlamps like on dark British B Roads and for night riding in general ? What's the seat comfort like for both rider and pillion especially for long distance touring ? What's the tyre wear going to be like ? And is the servicing going to be a nightmare on the pockets ?

Reply to this Topic
mickipaq

Oct 06

mickipaq says:

write up

great questions urbmark you should be doing the test i love this bike and these are exactly the answers i want answered considering this is a touring bike this is a typical boy racer from mcm write up,i,m not interested how fast it is i want to know if my arse is going to be on fire after 300 mile

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

is it....

me or does he look like monkey from the old 80's series???

are tippietakar

Reply to this Topic
OUR GEE

Aug 02

OUR GEE says:

Spot on Urbmark, but I can,t ever see you getting the kind of Test you are asking for. MCN idea of a Tourer Test is for two or three of them to blast down to the Alps (Riding Solo) do some knee down action on Alpine hairpins, then blast back home to do the Write-Up. They just don,t get it !!.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices