Skip to content

General 100 Ways to Drop Your Bike Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > 100 Ways to Drop Your Bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

late60sbiker

Oct 09

late60sbiker says:

100 Ways to Drop Your Bike

I'll start off.

This was back in the 1970's  I used to work in Aylesbury and rode to work from  on all the back roads through the villages.

After a while I got to know all the bends, so used to give it a bit of welly on the way to work.

One weekend I put of a set of crash bars front and back, hammered it around one of the bends, and forgot I had less ground clearance due to the crash bars.

Ended up in the ditch, had to walk back to the nearest house to use their phone to call the old chap to come out with the car and a rope to pull the bike out of the ditch.

No real damage, scratched bars, ripped jeans and half a grass verge wedged everywhere in the frame and engine.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 October 2009 21:33)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

100 Ways to Drop Your Bike

Take the ten-year-old CB72 that is your pride and joy to visit a non-biking mate who you are trying to convert. To that end, suggest he has a quick go up and down the road on it. But because you're not too sure he'll be OK, ride pillion with him.

After he drops the clutch, you and the bike in the first 0.5 seconds, spend a month trying to source a replacement indicator or two.

If you recognise yourself in this scenario, hi John.

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

I've posted this before

but in order of stupideness

1) Kick Start up flared trouser leg, fell off when I couldn't get my foot down:blink:

2) Looking at myself in Woolworths window and hitting the car that had stopped in front of me:wacko:

3) Setting off with the pipe from the jet wash wrapped round the centre stand:shock:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

JUST BUY ANY BIKE IN THE 90S

from "performance bikes" in nuneaton.

no wonder that twat failed after selling so many dangerous grey imports.

know few people that want a quiet word with the owner :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

testing to see if I'm still anonymous

but do near misses count?
How about riding in jeans and trainers only to get (oh so predictably :mad:) shoe laces caught around gear linkage :shock: when already commited to 'leaning left'.
Thank buggery the light suddenly went green allowing me to ride back to being upright and freeing my errant shoelace loop:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
NeiljohnUK

Oct 09

NeiljohnUK says:

Bugger...

1. 9 years old, climbing on dad's garden gate Manx Norton, knocked bike over onto me, bruised arm, bike ok, but mum made him sell it...

2. 14 years old, mates Honda 90 in a field, stepped off as it slid out from under me, both fine.
3. After playing on a North Devon beach on a mates DT175 and dumping it on its side a few times in the sand, 1st try of another mates DT100 in another field (in Wales this time), pulled a huge wheelie and ended up stood holding it upright on its back wheel with the clutch pulled in wondering how to put it down.
4.Pillioning on a mates Martini Yamaha monster (1100?), down a muddy track, he lost the front and we ended up stood over it. Took 4 of us to pick it up.
5. Plastic maggot down a track, 'cause the road was closed by an accident, front slid away from me, both ok, no-one around, ended up removing the seat and air filter and sticking a ~ 4" dia branch into the air box so I could lift it and walk it up without it sliding away from me
6. Bored with BMW boxers and maggots saw a Rickman Honda endurance racer in a dealers, took it out on a test ride, arriving back in their steeply angled yard forgot to hold the brake as I got off, it rolled forward and over came me ending up on its side, dealer team rushed out,asked if I was alright "yes, fine, and IF I can pick it up I'll buy it", to their surprise I did both.
7. Training Ambulance crews I laid one of my Boxer's on its side and crawled under it, idiot officer didn't  check under it and clearances and when they tried to lift it crushed my ankle under the exhaust as it swung down, thankfully my motorcross boots stopped too much damage.
Fast forward 20 years.
8. BMW K1100LT at home on the drive, eldest leave's MY mountain bike he's using in the way and as I'm trying to park the K, stood alongside pushing it backwards, it catches the M/B's wheel unsighted on the other side and starts falling towards me, catch it on my knee but can't pick it up, manage to roll it backwards and jam it against my Land-Rover to stop it falling flat. Wait for eldest, use him to stand on the back wheel to stop it slipping away from me and pick the 400 Kg+ bugger up, Radox bath time to easy back, and knee!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices