Skip to content

General Wnter Clothing - Neckwarmers Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Wnter Clothing - Neckwarmers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

seniorspanner

Jan 09

Wnter Clothing - Neckwarmers

Having swallowed the hype, I invested £20 in a "Coldkillers" neckwarmer from a well-known Chester bike shop.  Its absolutely useless - uncomfortable to wear (it came in a pack so you cant try it on ), bulky and it definitely does NOT keep out the cold. I have reverted to my £3 knitted warmers, so please learn from my mistake and steer clear of this overpriced rubbish

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 November 2009 16:23)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

keeping warm

It`s all about airpockets,the body releases warm air,if you have tight clothing on you will be cold,if you have 6 tight t-shirts on you will be cold,if you have a string vest on with a t-shirt over the top you will be warmer, fleecy or brushed cotton is the same idea,man made fibre is no good for man nor beast.Note that hay/straw/wool produces heat when damp.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stevepurcell

May 07

stevepurcell says:

Neckwarmers

Just got my freeby from Superbike mag,:biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Only have the neck thingy

to stop chaffing.

Usually just wear a t under the leathers, neck thingy stops the draught coming down so I stay warm (but I am warm blooded).

Reply to this Topic
Dumptruck

Sep 07

Dumptruck says:

I wear.....

an old shemagh ive had years, its the best bit of kit ive got! i can pull it down so its just round my neck if its raining and i steam up or, if its really cold i pull it right up to the bottom of my eyes, it is spot on!!

Reply to this Topic
k8cat01

Apr 09

k8cat01 says:

I have a

Northface neckwarmer, it wasnt cheap but its warm seems to lasting well :-)

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Scrim

Scrim scarf.

Free. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
dick65

Dec 08

dick65 says:

neck warmer

i wear an edz which is really comfy and not too bulky

and ive just got a buff cyclone which i won in a competition - im saving it for deepest winter .   

Reply to this Topic
NeiljohnUK

Oct 09

NeiljohnUK says:

Neckwarmers...

So many choices, the Oxford thing that came free with MBR, the 20 year old knitted tube, a WWII pilots silk scarf (yes the real thing!) or my usual choice in cold weather, two 'Fosters' bar towels sewn together for ~ 2/3rds of the short side, to make a long wrap that also crosses the chest and the 'V' the short stitching forms sits just nicely at the back of the neck, an idea lifted from a fellow RoSPA instructor (and Police motorcyclist) ~20 years ago...Not sure you can get bar towels anymore!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices