Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Norton Commando 961 set for launch New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Norton Commando 961 set for launch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Norton Commando 961 set for launch

The New Norton Commando 961 is ready to roll. MCN was granted exclusive access to Norton's factory at Donington Park to see the very first production Commando 961SE nearing completion.  Video: World first ride on the Norton Commando 961 Watch the video for a closer look at the new Norton and read the full story in this week's MCN, on sale...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (03 November 2009 12:21)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

Hmm we'll see

This looks a little too much like the Hesketh launch rather than Triumph, I don't doubt the engineering but is the market there?

Reply to this Topic
Captain Hook

Jun 07

Captain Hook says:

Soundman

Couldn't you afford soundman?

Reply to this Topic
yorkshiremonkey

Feb 09

I like it

I still quite like it (from looks alone). I doubt I could afford one but I think it has a certain charm about it.

Reply to this Topic
MarkShelley

May 06

MarkShelley says:

I sincerely hope Norton will succeed but I don`t see what this particular bike has to offer that can`t be had from one of the Hinckley retros for much less money. I think the bling looking Ohlins suspenders do not sit comfortably with the otherwise retro styling and believe they would have been better off to have fitted more budget items and kept the price down by a big wedge. At the end of the day people will not be buying it for its groundbreaking handling but for the name on the tank.  Good luck to them though.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Odd

Its at Odds with modernity .Its a 1950s style bike with modern cycle parts , maybe the worst of both worlds I dont like it .The triumphs and Ducatis do it better.Motorcycles with "character" just seem to be a bit on the quirky side for me ,and yeah it reminds me of the Hesketh vampire, thats a pile of crap as well. Still theres no accounting for taste

Reply to this Topic
bergenhaus

Mar 09

bergenhaus says:

Norton

I think it looks gorgeous. Not very comfortble looking though.  I'd be interested to hear how much the less specced version will cost but probably not very practical as my only method of transport!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

It looks faithfull to the Kenny Dreer built prototype that i could not pick fault with to be honest, should sound awesome too.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Wow!!!!!!!

Got to be the best looking bike i,ve seen in years!!!

Now, who wants to buy my wife, kids, dogs,audi, bmw, landrover, ducati and two mountain bikes?

I need that bike!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Overlookedlegend68

Oct 09

Ben 52

I don't care how good looking your wife is (and I'm sure she is), my two kids are on a plane to China as we speak to fund the bike (OK just a joke NSPCC!).

C'mon Richard1967 you must admit it looks like a great stab at delivering a bike that trys to give old school values with a modern twist.

All I can say is let's not get too anal about the right nuts and bolts being used.

Good on you Norton for coming up with your view for what's right for 2010.

Reply to this Topic
redflamebiker

Aug 04

Norton

Gotta say...  I love it!!    It's back in the land where it belongs and full support to Stuart Garner and the team at Donnington for bringing the brand back to life..

I did sell my offspring and await to collect mine in the New Year!!  (Boyhood dream come true).t

Maybe we can get BSA & Vincents back into production!!?? **

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices