Skip to content

Discuss This Struggling with an insurance claim General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Struggling with an insurance claim

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply



Nov 09

Posts: 3

goganian says:

Struggling with an insurance claim

Well over a year ago I parked my Kawasaki ZX-6R just outside my driveway on the road. It was also parked horizontal to the pavement, to give you an idea of the position. A skip lorry was dropping a skip off at my house and the lorry came early one morning. My bike was at least a couple of feet back from the driveway....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 November 2009 10:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



May 06

Posts: 24

aw11star says:

I'd refer it to the insurance ombudsman and make a complaint about the way in which your insurance company treated your claim, they sound like a bunch morons!

Also there is some sort of fund which you can claim against for un-insured drivers, it may be applicable to you. try goggling it

So who were your insurers?.............I suggest you name and shame them, it'll benefit us all

Reply to this Topic


Dec 03

Posts: 317

hairyMuppet says:

Driver, or employer, liable?

I take it you reported it to the police?

Anyway, if the ins. co. is bankrupt, i don't see why that prevents you pursing the driver or their employer directly.  Sounds like you need a better insurance company.

HItting a stationary vehicle is covered in the Road Traffic Act...I used to have the reference; if I find it I'll post it.

Reply to this Topic


Jul 07

Posts: 35

rossired says:

It's simple

Your insurance company needs to instruct solicitors to issue proceedings, they will then get judgement entered against the company that hit you, their insurers then become liable as RTA insurers and pay, because they have already received the premium for the policy year in which the accident occurred.  Sounds like you need to move your insurance to a company that knows what it is doing.

Hope it goes well.

Reply to this Topic


Apr 08

Posts: 3042

AdieR says:

best bet is to find a good solicitor

and take their advice on the claim. as for your £650, if you paid by credit card, if youcan't claim it back from insurance co, you should still be able to claim it back from your credit card company. Can't remember entirely how it works but ins Ombudsman or a good solicitor will know.

hope thats of help. Oh, and find a better insurer as well.

Reply to this Topic


Nov 07

Posts: 11

chrispy102 says:

Dont believe them!

Surely all costs should be covered by your insurance company. They way I see it, they should refund you the £650 and it is up to them to recover the x-es from the third party insurers for themselves and not you, especially if fault is not an issue.

I would strongly argue that the fact that the third party insurers no longer exists is totaly irelevant and they are simply trying it on with you.

You sound youngish, you need to get your Mum or Dad to ring your insurance and argue this with them. In my experience, insurance companies are lazy and will mislead and talk easily lead people out of a successful claim (especially if it means work/money/trouble for them).

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices