You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > module 2 test

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GING29

Nov 09

GING29 says:

module 2 test

has anyone failed their mod 2 more than once???

:mad:i am so fed up, had my 2nd module 2 test today and failed on going too fast, 40 in a 30mph zone, the trouble i had is that it was a funny road as where i fort it would be a 40mph zone. how wrong was i.

i had the same instructor as last time and he failed me on going too slow, 35 in a 40 and 54 in a 60mph zone. do the examiners have to pass and fail so many in a week? lol.

got my re test on 17th nov and if no joy then will wait till next year, oh has anyone got any tips on how to calm the nerves at the start of the test??????

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 November 2009 22:14)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ladybikerz

Sep 09

ladybikerz says:

3rd timer

sorry to hear you failed:upset: i passed my mod 2 on the 3rd attempt(2 weeks ago), 1st fail a car pulled out in front of me on a dual carriageway leaving a roundabout and i didn't brake to put a 2 second gap back,harsh i thought as i immediately shut off and let the car pull away but the examiner wanted to see a brake light,only 2 minors. 2nd fail didn't put my foot down at a stop sign, stupid mistake again 2 minors. 3rd time lucky with 3 minors. as for nerves try to have an hours ride before the test and remember to always look for the speed signs. i had an excellent trainer who told me to allow 10% above the speed limt except in a 30 ie do 44 in a 40, 55 in a 50 etc to allow for mis calibration of speedos. and most importantly believe in yourself and don't give up.you don't say what your minors were but looks like you are capable of passing just need to pay a bit more attention to road signs. i have a 600 bandit and it's the best feeling in the world when your out, and in my opinion the real learning starts when you have finally passed. good luck for next time and don't give up you'll get there in the end if you want it enough:smiley:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

Mod 2 test

Hi, I failed mine on 1st go, as per ladybikerz, failed to notice a stop sign at a junction (common thing apparently) I was too busy making sure I got the obs in at the right time, should have saw the the solid white line on the road..anyway, i had 1 minor and the serious for the stop sign, booked mine again, not syaing when as I want to post saying mod 2 pass!  I was disheartened but if you want it then you just persevere with it, my only thing is £75 for test hire plus £70 bike hire for 2 hours for 500cc.  Obviously, even the instructor said I should have passed so no more lessons, have an hour warm before as I find you get the bike up to temp and brakes etc, gives you confidence.  My examiner asked me to pull over on double yellows, i carried on going and he just said, ok, we cant stop ont he left due to the road markings...i know its a bad thing to fail, but at least now I know what to look for and I should have seen the stop sign..so in 2 weeks (roughly) i may post with some good news, my zzr11 is nearly ready!  I was hoping to carry on my degree with the OU but my course fee has gone on the retest and bike hire, i want it that bad...also, if you have passed mod 1, its just a bike ride with a built in sat nav....for 30 mins ish...then thats it, 2nd time I dont think I'll be as nervous, just be confident, demonstrate you are safe, think about speed limits, 2 second rule, pedestrian crossings, etc...just get that module 2 certificate!   

Reply to this Topic
PunkManiac

Nov 09

PunkManiac says:

Mod 2

Good luck with the next test.
Passed both Mod 1 and Mod 2 in August with no faults :biggrin:. The advice i was given was to ride positively. ie. If you see buses on the inside lane of a DC, take the outside lane as they may hold you up...make progress and plan well ahead.
I ripped away from some lights on a DC to get in front of an old van....thought I might get pulled up for being a bit aggressive but the examiner said that it was safe and positive.

Reply to this Topic
GSFK9

Sep 09

GSFK9 says:

Mod 2

I failed 5 times, last 2 was 1 serious each, I managed to passed on the sixth try with 2 minors. I know how sad you feel, don't worry you'll pass eventually. I think it makes you a better rider when you go for the retest.

Good Luck

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Masher666

Oct 09

Masher666 says:

Bad luck

Its been 8 years since i did mine,so no advice for nerves ,but 2 things to make u feel better!!!....i failed my 1st test with 14 minors and 3 major fails lol.....and my mate failed his 4th test for taking the wrong exit on a big roundabout and taking the Motorway sliproad hahaha.....keep at it and 3rd time lucky:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
GING29

Nov 09

GING29 says:

mod 2 test

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE AND WILL LET U ALL KNOW WHEN AND IF I PASSED, MY NEXT TEST IS ON THE 17TH NOV SO FINGERS CROSSED,

Reply to this Topic
davetheboy

Sep 09

davetheboy says:

mod 2

hi failed test due to a white van speeding on a dual carrigeway never  mind will take  it again soon

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

mod 2 test

hi, gd luck on your test, i hope to post on here a little earlier than you with the result of my test..

Reply to this Topic
GING29

Nov 09

GING29 says:

mod 2 test

hope the weather is ok for u on the day and hope u pass,

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

mod 2

Thanks, hope yours goes ok as well, mine is a week today at 3pm!  Just need to sort out the cooling fan on my zzr now, damn thing wouldnt come on yesterday after i run her up..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices