Skip to content

Discuss This 2010 Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory introduced New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2010 Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory introduced

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

2010 Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory introduced

Aprilia is introducing the Dorsoduro Factory for 2010 - an upgraded version of the Dorsoduro which will continue to be available. Find an Aprilia for sale The Dorsoduro Factory will go head to head with Ducati’s updated Hypermotard 1100 and the KTM 990SM, offering improved looks and better chassis performance. Carbon tank panels and front mudguard are the immediately noticeable changes,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 November 2009 10:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
urbanfox

Mar 07

urbanfox says:

Dorsoduro Factory

That is a very pretty motorcycle. I'm increasingly drawn to these intermediate street-motards for my next bike, as I think they'd probably be better suited to the kind of riding I do most of the time than my current sportsbike. So now there's this svelte Dorsoduro, the new KTM 690, and Ducati's 796 Hyper all vying for my attention. Need to arrange some test rides to see how each feels from the saddle.

Reply to this Topic
superbiker1

Apr 05

superbiker1 says:

dorsoduro

Just bought one 4 weeks ago, part chopped a fazer 1000. never had so much fun on a road bike!!! go for a test ride you will not be disappointed..

Reply to this Topic
TIMOTHYRUDD

Apr 09

TIMOTHYRUDD says:

real sweet looking bike but no rear footpegs!!!think i will stick with my fmx650,also this machine will have a lot of competition from the ducati 796 hypermotard.

Reply to this Topic
urbanfox

Mar 07

urbanfox says:

TIMOTHYRUDD: I looked at a Dorsoduro in an Aprilia dealer a couple of months ago and commented on the lack of pillion pegs - apparently they are included, but not bolted on for showroom display to keep the lines of the bike looking clean.

I've currently got an FMX650 as a second bike. It's okay, and handles well, but even with Arrow pipes and K&N air filter lifting output to 39 bhp (dyno-checked) I'm always finding that I want more stomp from the engine.

Reply to this Topic
superbiker1

Apr 05

superbiker1 says:

dorsoduro

They come with rear footrests and a pillion grab strap on the seat, but I would'nt recomend trying using sports mode with a passenger.

Reply to this Topic
TIMOTHYRUDD

Apr 09

TIMOTHYRUDD says:

to urban fox..very fair comment .yes i know excactly what you mean with the fmx power,why oh why didnt honda plonk the xr650 w/c engine in i dont know.yep real lack of power,but still fun to ride on the twisties and still enjoying.

Reply to this Topic
starfox550

Feb 10

starfox550 says:

2010 Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory introduced?

Ive been waiting for the 1000 dorso/shiver for what feels like an age since aprilia leaked the dyno graph... should i buy this only for a 1000 version to be released six months down the line? looks bloody temping though :o)

Reply to this Topic
snelling123

Jun 04

snelling123 says:

Dorsoduro

I Bought a new one in October 2009 and managed to get it fully run in and serviced before putting to bed for the winter. My two previous bikes were a KTM LC4 & a 2003 GSXR1000

As much as I love the bike and wouldn't think of changing it just yet if I was looking to buy now I'd probably hang on for the launch of the 1000 and hope it's got considerably more power.

Despite what some of the reviews have said about the sports setting being oo aggresiveI dont find it a handfull in any way and ride it full on every time I go out.  I have found the back end a bit twitchy when breaking hard before cornering although i only seems to be on cold tyres & when my senses havent woken up yet . I don't rate myself as being an expert sports rider or a teenage hooligan. The KTM didn't flick the right switches going from the GSXR1000 but the Dorsoduro is now heading the right way and at least I can use the engine to its full potential on my local roads in North Wales without attracting too much attention from the boys in blue. I regularly ride out in Snowdonia and find the bike ideally suited for the roads around here,  looking for a break after about an hour and a half in the saddle. Don't trust the fuel gauge reccomended  reserve. I ran out 1/2 way between Trawsfynydd & Bala. the walk wasn't much fun!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices