Skip to content

Discuss This Milan Show: Triumph Speed Triple Special New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Milan Show: Triumph Speed Triple Special

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Milan Show: Triumph Speed Triple Special

Triumph has unveiled this stunning Speed Triple as an extreme example of the naked Speed Triple which can now be specified with Ohlins suspension. This Speed Triple is a show bike only celebrating a new partnership with suspension masters at Ohlins. The new deal will see Ohlins products available as options on the Daytona 675, Street Triple, Street Triple R, Speed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 November 2009 13:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Generally

I do not like the styling of the Speed Triple or the Street Triple. But this bike looks very cool.

Maybe the colours and black frame mask the out-of-proportion, truncated rear-end, whilst the Ohlins front-bling averts my eyes from the bug-eyed headlights and the brakes divet my eyes some more an now I'm dribbling...........

Come on Triumph, produce this maching exactly as it is in the pictures! 

Reply to this Topic
shottsj

Apr 04

shottsj says:

Hanging onto their 955s??!!!

You what???!!!!

Only someone who's never ridden the 955 and the 1050 back to back could dream of suggesting the old one is a 'better bike'. I had 2 955s and loved them to bits but upgraded to the 1050 as soon as I tried one. It was like a 955 on go-faster juice but with all the long distance comfort retained and a dollop of style thrown into the mix. In spite of being more or less ignored by the press these days the 1050 is still selling well too! The only thing they screwed up was luggage capacity...style over content I guess - can't have everything...

But - to the point - this Speed Triple does look nice doesn't it?

Reply to this Topic
copelh

Aug 09

copelh says:

luggage

If you are worried about luggage this bike is not for you try a sprint

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Don't wish to be controversial, but

I'm with Shottsi, but then I admit that I'm a biased owner; I love the Sprint 1050 especially its engine (gearbox is a bit agricultural) which performs beautifully and sounds even better.

Writing of 1050s and back on subject - the Speed Triple 'Special' - yes please; I want!!

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Want one!!

However, last time I tried to by a Triumph, the dealer couldn't be bothered to try to sell me one!

I have also experienced dreadful service from certain Midllesex based Triumph dealers, as have other people I know.

A mate of mine is having problems getting warranty work doen on his Street Triple even now.

It's a shame really - fantastic bikes, you want to by an English product, and it's ruined by apalling after sales service & attitude - which starts at Triumph itself.

Sort yourselve out Triumph - there's a lot of us out here with cash, waiting for you to do that.  Otherwise it'll be a Norton,  a Beemer or a Honda!

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Triumph dealers...

Jackspratt, I think you've hit the nail on the head - I too have experienced a couple of very disapointing dealer visits which certainly detracts from what should be a great moment. It may be that they are too far away for you, but I have since found Suffolk Triumph in Ipswich to be a friendly, helpful and knowelgeble bunch (as they all should be, but as we know aren't). Its a small shop, but the people are great...

Paul49. I'm horrified to see that your gearbox is so good, but relieved to see some of your friends have had problems - I'm starting to wonder if its me - a combination of oversized boot and buggered ankle (& everything else) joints. On a serious note, mine is still quite low mileage, so I'm hoping that it'll settle down a bit over time - meanwhile have floated a warning ballon at the dealers just in case!

Reply to this Topic
gavin1973

Nov 09

gavin1973 says:

Jackspratt - try Carl Rosner Triumph in Croydon - excellent sales & aftersales service when i had a 1050 speed triple.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices