Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo fastest in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo fastest in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo fastest in Valencia

Jorge Lorenzo ended his 2009 MotoGP campaign on a high when the Spaniard topped the timesheets on the second day of testing in Valencia today. Continuing to assess a new chassis on his Fiat Yamaha YZR-M1, the 22-year-old clocked a best time of 1.31.939 to beat Casey Stoner’s factory Ducati by 0.256s. Lorenzo, who finished second behind Rossi in this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 November 2009 18:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Gloves are off already

This is Lorenzo saying this is why you shouldn't agree to Rossi's demands to be the only big fish in Yamaha MotoGP next year. Rossi has gone for a high risk strategy asking for no Lorenzo, but I suppose he has all the other teams in the paddock to fall back on if they don't agree to his demands.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Sorry not next year, 011

Reply to this Topic
scatterbrained

Oct 09

Spies already impressing

I can't wait to for next season. I figure by then Pedrobot will have the new suspension sorted, Ben will be on pace, Valentino and Lorenzo both will have something to prove and Stoner will continue to be Stoner. Hell, it even looks like Hayden is on coming on form.  Next season is looking to be promising. . ..

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

Well said. If Rossi truly is the greatest he shouldn't give a shit who's on the other side of the garage.  Yamaha don't want to find themselves in the same boat as Honda if he does throw his toys out and leaves.  At least they would still have a top rider in Lorenzo with Spies ready to step up.  In saying that how mouth watering would it be top see the Doctor wearing red leathers before he walks away?

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

its just ..

Its just testing and rossi doesnt show his cards any more until he needs too. Spies is looking good as suspected and Lorenzo really is quality. The first few races as normal will show the real form but im concerned about the the stupid engine rule and the way in which it could influance the championship instead of prototype bikes and the fastest riders!

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

YAMAHA FLYING

What a test for the Yamaha 2010 bike with 2 of the Aliens at the pointy again and Ben Spies improving lap by lap. Yamaha 1/2/3 next year with rider,team,constructor and very likely rookie of the year not beyond the bounds of possibility, roll on Feb 2010. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

I am a Spies Fan.

But even I could not/would not have predicted that he would be showing this much maturity and pace so early on. Some detrators seem hell bent on handing the credit for his speed to the machine. This is the same machine James was on! Ben is just making it do things it was designed for! To be outpacing at least one of the "Aliens"  on a sat-bike at this point is a sure sign that something special going on! It will be fun to watch!

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

"American Colin Edwards missed today’s action after he was struck down by a virus that left him bedridden in his motorhome"

Hmm...

Colin, Colin, Colin. Missing work cause of a hangover, you're gettin too old mate, ease off the sauce.

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Excellent to see Lorenzo on top of the sheets...

Its great to not have Ducati's 'Kitty Litter Kangeroo' dominate everything. I think the new Yamaha will be even better than this years and Rossi, Lorenzo, Spies and Edwards will all be very competitive. Awesome.

The only thing needed is for Pedrosa to grow some balls when in the mix with other riders.

Of course if Rossi changes to Ducati I will suddenly love the red bikes after all - he, he. Maybe even Stoner????? Who knows. God its good to have freedom of choice and just do sh*t like that.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Lorenzo

Its no good being fastest at a test if you throw it up the road at a race Jorge , and while youre reading this , stop with the wanky celebrations theyre naff , Rossis are naff , a few wheelis and burn outs will suffice thanks

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices