Skip to content

Discuss This Neil Hodgson signs for Motorpoint Yamaha! British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Neil Hodgson signs for Motorpoint Yamaha!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Neil Hodgson signs for Motorpoint Yamaha!

Neil Hodgson has signed to ride for Motorpoint Yamaha to race in BSB next year.The deal was finalised last week and Hodgson jetted in from his home on the Isle of Man to sign the contract at McElnea’s HQ in Scunthorpe last Wednesday. MCN was invited along to the signing. Hodgson told MCN: “I’ve got a lot of passion in me...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 November 2009 10:15)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

A competitive team?

After reading last weeks MCN, maybe the Rob Mac R1 isn't such a bad bike after all?!?  It just goes to show you how easy it is to get the setup of a race bike completely wrong and not be able to find your way back again on your own. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MotorCycleNonsense

Oct 09

Eh? Has the world gone mad? Walker did a good job on a bike that simply wasn't up to it, despite what MCN might claim. Stalker getting ousted by Hodgson is an absolute joke. Hodgson did nothing in the AMA against merely average competition, Spies/Mladin apart. He won the WSB when Bayliss and Edwards had left and in a year when almost anyone could have won it had they had a reasonable bike. He aint that good, period........So behold, the most annoying bloke in British Motorcycling (or is that Toby Moody) is back on the BSB gird, great, can't wait to hear his monotone humourless drivel at the end of each race, or maybe not as you've got to podium for that. Now that Stalker's sorted Rob Mac's bike for him I sincerely hope that he now gets a good ride for next year (MSS Kwak?) and kicks the Burnley Bumbler's arse..........sheesh.

Reply to this Topic
stevezx

Oct 02

stevezx says:

hear hear MotorcycleNonsense

Someone else for Rutter/walker and the has beens to battle it out for the final point....

Reply to this Topic
hughcam

Dec 08

hughcam says:

Rutter, Walker, Harris etc are all good/excellent riders but none are 'Exceptional'. Therefore hiring Neil Hodgson for Motorpoint sounds like a good idea to me. He isnt exceptional either, but he deserves a go as much as any of the former.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Waste

What an absolute waste of a ride, why dont they give it to some young up and coming rider rather than a "has been" who is on his way out, there are already too many of these guy's, with the likes of Walker/Rutter etc, who, by the way were good in their heyday and due respect to them. The only way we will get potential world champions in the future is by nurturing the young talent that undoubtedly is out there and giving them the best opportunities to hone their skills and craft

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

good pairing

They deserve each other!!

Reply to this Topic
cjenkins

Sep 09

cjenkins says:

hodgson

he'l be alright, glad to have him back. i hope he goes well.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

So Walker is out of a ride then?

Reply to this Topic
flipflop68

Aug 09

flipflop68 says:

Moaners

What a bunch of mardy gits, if you think you could do any better either get a licence and go racing or get a team and hire a young up and coming rider.  But for god's sake stop dribbling on here!!!!

Any team boss worth his salt is going to hire a former world champion.  The publicity and the sponsorship alone would make it worth while, not to mention the fact that he can RIDE a bike pretty fast.

It's people like you that keep voting for Jedward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for bringing up new talent, but a team manager has to worry about more than who's going to follow Rossi.  Why should Rob McElnea fund some young bloke who's going to head off to a more "factory" based team at the earliest opportunity.  He's thinking of the big picture and while I'm sure he wants to win the championship he's got to find the sponsorship from somewhere.  To do that he neads a name and record people will recognise.

Reply to this Topic
cjenkins

Sep 09

cjenkins says:

re moaners

aye, former bsb & wsbk champion, admit he's a bit of a prat, and 90% of people want to knock him. rob mac has gave dan linfoot the 2nd ride so he's giving a young rider an oppitunity using the funding that an ex champion will help bring in. makes sense to me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices