Skip to content

Discuss This Neil Hodgson signs for Motorpoint Yamaha! British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Neil Hodgson signs for Motorpoint Yamaha!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Neil Hodgson signs for Motorpoint Yamaha!

Neil Hodgson has signed to ride for Motorpoint Yamaha to race in BSB next year.The deal was finalised last week and Hodgson jetted in from his home on the Isle of Man to sign the contract at McElnea’s HQ in Scunthorpe last Wednesday. MCN was invited along to the signing. Hodgson told MCN: “I’ve got a lot of passion in me...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 November 2009 10:15)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Not a pension plan any more

Time was when the British championship was an old man's benefit, Marshall, Reynolds, Mackenzie et al. Those days are gone. The whole series has gone up to World level, except the tracks. Once you could clearly see the gulf in performance between UK and World riders in the pace set every time they went out. Young riders have caught up and are now on the pace immediately every time they go out too. Fair play to Hodgson for taking the easy life and picking up the big bucks for a few years, why not - he was flat on his arse in Europe anyway. He is in for a shock if he thinks that a few years stooging about between cones on Mid Western airfields against mediocre midfield runners is going to be enough to see him do anything here.

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Flipflop68 is right...

plus not interested in his real or percieved motivation - its what he manages on track that counts.

Which ever way you look at it, I think its a brave move to come back and put your reputation on the line since its usually the twilight end of a career that people tend to remember and hark on about.

Good luck to him

Reply to this Topic
jimsmimm

Apr 06

jimsmimm says:

Neil Hodgson signs for Motorpoint Yamaha

who cares ...another burned out old dude on a crap bike......push him off to collect his pension and take walker and rutter along...

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Pleased..

I dont like to see people running back to BSB just for a job and getting the best seats, either past champs or younger riders who amounted to nothing.

I am pleased about this though, Rob Mac's team struggled, he wasnt one of the top teams last year, so as long as Neil puts in the effort and gets the best out of the bike for Rob Mac then both of them deserve whatever they achieve, if that was wins with this machine then great, if it meant that Neil got the best seat in the paddock next year well at least it would have been earned.  Neil doesnt have to win in that team just put in a good year and raise the team's results that would be a result.

I wouldnt have been pleased if he landed a GSE seat for instance.

I am pleased with that signing in that team.  Good for us all.

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

Not good

Not good to me. Nothing against Hodgson, he's entertained me in the past but i wish the old guys looking for a retirement job would not come back to BSB. The series struggled to entertain for the whole season this year after Leon ran off with the championship and this does nothing to help the future, bringing on young talent is what is needed, if there not getting the rides because some old duffer has the money and contacts to take them then is shows desperation on the teams or BSB to try and keep the viewing figures without risk! He would get more respect from me if he started his own team and shared some of the experiance with the young boys, suppose that would mean spend his pension not topping it up!!

Reply to this Topic
snoman1956

Aug 09

snoman1956 says:

Good luck

As someone who was not really that interested in the years when Neil was at his peak I have to say I am looking forward to seeing what he can acheive with this team, technically he is very capable and may help this team go forward.

Keeping the profile of our sport up is a serious issue and if there is any positive publicity from this then that will be great.  I dont believe that the good young riders are being held back, those that do come through ceratinly are good

Why not behind people rather trhan get on their backs, not something us brits are good at I am afraid

but unlike some earlier comments , despite Leon running away with tehchampionship there were some great battles in the lower orders and the good coverage by Eurosport meant we caught a lot of it

roll on 2010

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

the job

can`t do any worse a job than walker has done.......he took the bike on his usual route of set it up for hard braking....and that`s it he has no other idea if that doesn`t work!!!!.........hodgson has far better ability at setting a bike up so there is no reason why it should not be at the front next year

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

9999steve

well put 9999steve, its getting to be a joke, how the hell are we going to get any 1 in motogp if all the old farts keep getting the rides in bsb, set a veterans race up for them and let the young 1s have the rides.

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Poor Walker, shafted by Hodgson yet again.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

the old farts

i think they put  old farts on these bikes for 1 reaon and it`s this......as u get older u realise your own mortality so u ease off slightly where a yong rider would have it pinned and may well crash regularly,this costs a lot of money to fix smashed bikes on a regular basis,the old un`s don`t crash so much therefore saving budget.......that`s why they don`t give hot young talent the bike

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices