Skip to content

Discuss This Police to repay £18,000 in speeding fines General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Police to repay £18,000 in speeding fines

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Police to repay £18,000 in speeding fines

North Wales Police is to refund £18,000 worth of speeding fines after mistakenly enforcing a 30mph speed limit on a 40mph road. The force has written to 300 people caught on the B4391 in Bala from March to July this year and is investigating a ‘very small number’ of other prosecutions during the last five years. A force spokesman said...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 November 2009 11:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondadude1992

Jul 09

lol

hahahahahahahahaha ohwell everyone makes mistakes bet they look abit glum

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

Tossers

...The Police don't know the law they have been enforcing...typical, blinded by the revenue it generates i expect.................What a bunch of Wankers..i hope they discover a few thousand more like this, as the old saying goes "what goes around comes around"

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

1993 until 2009

So they've only had 16 years to make sure everything is above board before enforcing their stupid little laws on people...

Ah well, no doubt in another 10 years it will come out that the very pieces of legislation that allowed speed camera enforcement to exist are actually fundamentally flawed due to a discrepancy with the European Convention on Human Rights or something or another from the Magna Charta never being repealed correctly.

Keep up the good work pigs... You're doing Britain proud with your never ending acts of thickness and gross incompetence. Soon you'll be on par with the local councils and maybe even overtake the government. Who knows what the future holds for you severly retarded group of individuals.

Reply to this Topic
MrRock

May 09

MrRock says:

I knew it!

I wrote about something similar a little while ago.  Can't believe they admited it though, maybe I should appeal against my ticket.  Just shows they are a license to print cash.

Reply to this Topic
sonto100

Jul 09

sonto100 says:

Amazing!!!!!

Good for you Brits!  There isn't a police department in the USA that ever admits they made mistake, I'm speechless... 

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

SERIOUS RAMIFICATIONS

Well what a surprise from our wonderfully helpful North Wales Constabulary who in tandem with our woefully inept councils managed to cockup something so simple as a speed limit and over such a protracted period of time. There is a much darker side to this for anybody who totted up 12 points and got a driving ban especially if it entailed them losing their job. How the hell can they be compensated now for any lost income and living standards which would have taken a serious nose dive because of this incompetency. This revelation could have very serious ramifications, oops. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
TLSI

Aug 07

TLSI says:

Move North

Durham bike cops have just won an award for there efforts in reducing bike related accidents,great bunch who have made a real difference to how people view them. However oddly enough they will take action if you ride through a built up area twice the limit on one wheel as would most right minded people.

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Grow up

Can't belive some of the OTT comments made about the police.

Yes; some are undoubtedly poor, but a huge number work very hard in atrocious and dangerous conditions. Yes they enforce (not make) laws - and for the most part we should thank God or few of us would be able to sleep safely at night or allow our wives/daughters/loved-ones out at night.

Whilst you slag them off and call them pigs, try remembering that they are the ones who will be there to give comfort and help should you or a friend end up smeared across a road or with some drunk or drug crazed fool pouring petrol through your Mum's letterbox.

I don't like being stopped or had up for speeding anymore than anyone else, but  labelling the Police as pigs and retarded says more about YOU than them.

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

Well Bikerbookworm

You say that the Police enforce the laws, well you would'nt think that if you listen to half the fucking idiots i see and hear on T.V and in my own area, the Police are a law unto themselves, they make it up as they go along, basicall the Chief of Police will call for more powers and the Government give it to them........who's making the law?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices