Skip to content

Discuss This Last Buell rolls off production line General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Last Buell rolls off production line

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Last Buell rolls off production line

The last Buell motorcycle has rolled off the production line. Find a Buell for sale Following the shock decision by parent company Harley-Davidson to kill off the Buell marque, the last bike has now been built and the Buell factory in East Troy, Wisconsin, USA, is now being prepared for closure.  Read Buell motorcycle reviews Harley issued the following statement: “A Buell Lightning...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 November 2009 11:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tordy3002

Apr 09

Tordy3002 says:

Buell

Someone buy Buell ffs!!!

Then they could put decent engines in with some actual performance rather than the prehistoric tractor harley lumps. With their own engines I swear they would sell really well!

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

Amen to that. And if Buell was bought by somebody other than a Yank then they may not fall to bits, either.

Reply to this Topic
skullydude

Nov 07

skullydude says:

wow

had the miss fortune to have a go on one of these.....................its one of the few bikes i really did not like............still saying that its still a shame that another bike brand is dissapearing.......................

Reply to this Topic
WavyDavy

Aug 02

WavyDavy says:

"Someone buy Buell ffs!!!

Then they could put decent engines in with some actual performance rather than the prehistoric tractor harley lumps. With their own engines I swear they would sell really well!"

Yeah.  Why don't they go to someone like, I dunno, Rotax and get some customer spec engines, maybe at about 1125cc,  and make their own damn bikes with their own damn engines...

Oh...  Hold on....

Maybe it's just that there are too many conservative (with a small'c') bikers out there who just didn't get it....

It's sad that Bueel got shut down but no matter how much 'we' clamour for new and challenging bikes, we don't buy 'em.  Add that in to Harley being in the financial shit and, but tied to their 'history' and all that bollocks and the bean counters just pulled the plug on the least profitable bits Buell and MV.  H-D could probably make more money stopping bike production altogether and just selling aftermarket tat and aftershave.....  And given time that's all they will end up making 'cos the air-cooled lump can't survive for that much longer unless they ramp it down to about 12bhp to meet emission and noise regs.

Sad, but true.

Reply to this Topic
scottdiver690

Nov 09

Watch this space

I am certain that Harley is going to trim its model line, 35 bikes for 2010 and there are very few differences between them, my money is on them dropping the XR1200, i had one for a couple of month and it looked ok, sounded like a bag of nails, had a seal like a builders plank and was about as fast as my sym joyride scooter!  After selling Harley in Europe it was no surprise they cut Buell, we couldnt sell them, and those that did order would often cancel.

Reply to this Topic
richarddickens

Nov 09

TRACTORS

last tractors to leave the line no no no how long for the last HD ? 

Reply to this Topic
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

The last buell

I am so sorry to see this. At my age I have watched a whole raft of wonderful machines die on the horns of finance. One day people from a car park full of chinese-made 15cc elactric/hydrogen mopeds will look as one of these and say "wow, Those were the days!!"

I have never danced on anyone's grave, beware of dancing on Buell's

Before the mud on your boots has dried, another machine with soul will roast on the fires of loss adjusters and accountancy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices