Skip to content

Discuss This Magic FM DJ Neil Fox swaps Hog for electic bike General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Magic FM DJ Neil Fox swaps Hog for electic bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Laura Kennerley  says:

Magic FM DJ Neil Fox swaps Hog for electic bike

Radio DJ and TV personality Neil Fox is swaping his beloved Harley Davidson for a month to trial Green Rewards’ new 60s inspired electric scooter. Fox, a non-executive director of Green Rewards, the ethical online shop and rewards scheme and has been challenged by the rest of the board of Directors to do his bit for the environment. He currently rides...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 November 2009 17:05)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sonto100

Jul 09

sonto100 says:

WTF!!

"I was really drawn to this electric scooter and never dreamt they could look so great."   What a load!  Who does this smuck think he's kidding?  If he thinks they look so good and he's so worried about the environment why doesn't he park the Hog for good?

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

I think you should try riding an electric scooter before you start sounding off. Given the choice for riding through London, I'd pick an electric scooter over a lumbering great Harley every time. (Yes I have ridden both)

Cheers

Dave

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Harley to Electric Scooter

How can you go from a throbbing V-twin life-style bike to an electric scooter !! WHAT A PUSSY !

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Ideal for London.

Riding an electric scooter to work instead of a 'throbbing V-Twin' (more like slow uneconomical vibrating heap of agricultural crap) doesn't make him a 'pussy' by any means, How many people only ride their bikes at the weekend and take the car to work? Its good for the environment and keeping the Harley in the garage over a British winter is a good idea anyway, as at the first hint of moisture it work transform into a rolling rust farm.

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

not good for the planet

I frequently hear the 'Green' lobby sing the praises of electric transport and damn use of petrol. Only thing is, at the moment,  it takes coal, oil or gas to produce electricity, which they tend to ignore or gloss over.

Of course the other current power source for his electric bike is nuclear, but 'Greens' don't like that either...

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Green or Mean?

My bets are that the electric scooter gets parked unless, as a public celebrity, he finds himeself under too much public scrutiny to go green. Excuse me, but it's been my experience that many, if not most, of the riders of Milwaukie's finest do so to belong to and be seen by those that they feel admire them the most. Unless the "Go Green" league makes big BIG strides into public sentiment I can't see him staying on the scooter and feeling better for it.

This would make a fun wager. Any takers? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices