Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gixxer750k3

Jun 08

gixxer750k3 says:

gsxr750k3 road settings

To the technical minded

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with a suspension queery. I own a GSXR750K3 running Dunlop GP's. Since I bought the bike I have never been 100% happy with the suspension set up. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad just not quite there if you get what i mean. I would often find that the front felt a little bit squirrely, sort of trying to tie itself in knots. The compression seemed ok. I increased the rebound and things got slightly better. However i eventually deciced that to get things sorted I would put it back to standard settings. I have no idea what my predecessor was trying to set the bike up for?? Well even on standard settings i am still not convinced that it is quite right. Therefore I would be really grateful with all your depth of knowledge, contacts etc if you could provide me with the best road settings. I weigh 11 stone if that has any bearing on things. Everything such as static sag, rebound and compression are as standard.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 November 2009 10:45)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

SUZUKI GSXR 750 K3

Hi--try this

standard settings

rear
preload 10mm of thread above top locking ring
rebound 1.25 turns out from fully in
compression 1 turn out from fully in

front forks
four rings showing
rebound 1.25 turns out from fully in
compression 1turn out from fully in

Suggested settings

rear
preload 15mm of thread showing above top locking ring
rebound 3/4 turn out from fully in
compression 1.25 turns out from fully in

front forks
preload 2 rings showing
rebound 1.5 turns out from fully in
compression 3/4 turn out from fully in

These are based on 11 stone rider and are only a guide as everybodys riding and feel will be slightly  different!!

Good Luck

K.C.:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
fellhopper

Jan 09

fellhopper says:

Gixxer 750 Suspension settings

Hi,

I get a 'squirrelly' feeling front end on my K2 Gixxer 750 too. Would your sugggested suspension settings for the K3 be the same for the K2? I am about 10.5 stone so similar weight too!! I have returned to 'standard settings' recently so would like to 'optimise' the settings.
Cheers

Reply to this Topic
superpike

Dec 08

superpike says:

More than just turning bolts

Get RID of those crappy Dunflops mate as there proberly the worst tyre to hav on a Gixer. The best 4 rd riding are Bridgestone BT014 or a set of Perrelli Corsa's. Your tyres are part of the suspension and has a r8 affet of the bike handeling

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Guys..

I have the answers for you both.

Will post them tomorrow or later when i get home. I have the K1 750, I have also at home an excellent PB guide. This gives all the stock settings, It also gives setttings for track. I have used this as my bible on the K1 changing them back and forward from stock whenever i've done track-days on it.

I have found these to be absolutely excellent settings that have improved track handling no end.. the settings are a little hard for everyday use on the roads so def put 'em back when you're finished at the track. Also, I weigh about 12 so same as you guys!

Post tomorrow!

(p.s. KCMC is 'the man' when it comes to Gixxer's... I know!:wink: heed his words)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices