Skip to content

Discuss This 2010 BMW S1000RR first ride: "It's very, very quick" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2010 BMW S1000RR first ride: "It's very, very quick"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

2010 BMW S1000RR first ride: "It's very, very quick"

BMW’s eagerly-awaited new S1000RR superbike is currently being put through its paces at Portimao in Portugal by MCN’s Chief Road Tester Trevor Franklin.  Win a BMW S1000RR! First ride: Troy Corser's WSB S1000RR He’s just finished his second session aboard the bike, this is what he has to say: “I’m now riding ewith the power mode switch set to ‘Race Mode’ which is suitable...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 November 2009 14:36)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bullpizzle

Nov 09

bullpizzle says:

S1000RR

"...another interesting point is they always get a higher top speed out of their test than any other magazine"

Not always the above case and there are documented examples. Another one is MCN's coverage of the Beemer's launch, I note one Mr N. Mackenzie on Visordown clocked 280kph along Portiamo's start finish straight. Well hard. But he would, wouldn't he, cos he is f-off fast. I have been at the same runway when MCN does its speed testing and I've seen the racing whippet and MCN blokes who do most of it and who are on the ball, and the recording gear they use is expensive stuff. As for 'as-licking' write up: wouldn't you get excited with the chance to ride a new bike against the world's best press. Mate, they wouldn't be doing their job if it wasn't instant word-flow coming at us. I assume you don't read The Sun, Daily Mirror and all the others. The next model will obviously be better because it's meant to be. Backward development? Only you, I fear.

Reply to this Topic
NOGMANAGER

Apr 09

NOGMANAGER says:

John Crosby

John Crosby you are a disgrace to motorcycling in general and especially BMW. One of the great things about motorcycling is that it is classless. A managing director of a big PLC can stand and chat to a lorry driver about their love of bikes / bike racing / track days etc.

Everybody I know in the BMW network is probably what John Crosby would sneer at as working class -  All BMW dealer staff are just ordinary lads who love bikes, and are willing to overlook the long retail hours and low pay just for the pleasure of being around bikes all day.

We cant wait for the S1000RR to be launched because it is a genuinely great bike, plus it will bring in some quality Jap part exchanges which will improve the type of used bikes we can offer. BMW UK have even given us the green light to stock non-BMW clothing, helmets, boots etc, as well as sell used Jap bikes with the fantastic BMW Approved warranty.

Fuck you Mr Crosby, fuck you from all BMW dealers across the UK. We don't want you, we don't need you or your money.

Reply to this Topic
johncrosby

Nov 09

johncrosby says:

NOG("assistant'MANAGER)

NOGMANAGER Bravo, workers of the world unite. Power to the people and all that. Interesting that I've never had anyone refuse to take my money, especially your service orientated types. In fact they're normally delighted to sell high end items that help them keep their families clothed with plenty of Soup (is this what you lot eat?) on the table. Don't get so worked up about silly posts on an interweb forum. It's really not very important. I agree that biking is pretty classless in that it can encourage across the tracks conversations with like minded enthusiasts. That's of course after I've put my Babel fish device in so I can understand the local patois. When will you types realise that the beginnings and ends of words should be aspirated in English. Vowels really are rather pleasant. Consonants should be sounded with pride. There's one chap on MCN who really is a comic sight for sore eyes and ears. I'm sure Adam Childs is your favourite correspondent. Now go easy on the 14 pints tonight, 2 packs of cancer sticks and don't take it all out on the wife, or kick the dog. Nice to see class hatred still alive and well in sad little England. Some of us are just so happy we left many years ago.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle