Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2010 BMW S1000RR review - "From now on the world is a different place" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2010 BMW S1000RR review - "From now on the world is a different place"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2010 BMW S1000RR review - "From now on the world is a different place"

Watch the video below for the MCN world first ride report on the 193bhp BMW S1000RR.  Win a BMW S1000RR! Read all the latest news on the S1000RR According to MCN chief road tester Trevor Franklin, "the handling will make other manufacturers wince with embarrassment." http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 November 2009 14:24)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Goonabz

Feb 09

Goonabz says:

How exciting is this video - NOT!

Firstly, I'm sorry Trevor, but your monotone and totally unbelievable commentary on this video is about as awful as it gets. Not your forte at all so stick to riding the thing my friend and leave someone else to big it up on camera and commentary.

Secondly, couldn't agree more with bbstrikesagain. You'd been in the saddle of this thing for about a nano second last week and low and behold, on page 6 you've already made ratings and comparisons with it's competitors - on what grounds may I ask. Basically spec and not experience which frankly matters not a toss to us mere mortals who go ride them every week and put them through real life tests.  Time you guys did that up front and gave us a real idea of what this new motorcycle will genuinely be like when we go ride it for ourselves.

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

Regrets..

Poor video, dont know why they let Trevor Franklin do the presenting on a bike many will assume is dull anyway because of the badge on the tank... cant help but feel if I parted with the cash, I'd just end up wishing i'd bought the R1, the Blade or the RSV4 (purrrr!), especially come race day when all those win or get on the podium in WSB every round and the beemer trapeses around in the lower echelons even with two talented riders on them..

Cant wait for a decent group test on this.  It is good to see BMW trying something a little different because it does get a little boring seeing the usual Jap bikes every year!  All this said, I still think its going to be a fantastic bike on the road even if its looks arent to your taste.  Variety is the spice of life and all that :)

So touche Aprilia, BMW and KTM for giving superbike-lovers something different to pine after :P

Reply to this Topic
lucatkinson

Aug 02

lucatkinson says:

Poor quality video

I could not watch the whole thing because the quality was so bad.

I am a professional cameraman so my standards are high I guess but there are few simple things  that can be done to make this look better even with the cheap camera you are using.

A. Use a tripod

B. Think about depth in your shot, the whole review is done looking at a garage door surely it would look nicer to rotate 45 degrees and look down the track?

C. Stop with the zooms, its very amatuer

D. You have overcooked the audio levels, even if you had this on auto that would be better

I could go on and on but thats just a few tips that anyone shooting this should already know  I guess you do not have enough money to use a decent camera and a professional trained camerman and sound etc but it really seems pointless to produce anything at all if its not watchable. sorry.

Reply to this Topic
kiwikeith

Nov 05

kiwikeith says:

BMW S1000RR

I agree with the last two comments regarding MCN's front man Trevor Franklin, he would be better suited as a funeral director, as his commentary about this new Beemer was so boring I nearly went to sleep. The S1000RR may be a great bike but only time will tell if they can beat Rossi on his RI and Stoner on his Duke. Personally I think both the riders and bikes mentioned will eat the Beemer and spit it out. Another point of interest is the price tag. It is far to expensive for the blue collar worker. I can see lawyers, dentist's and doctors shelling out the cabbage to obtain one so as to pose in front of there mates. Give me a Japanese bike anyday as they are a proven unit unlike the S1000RR. As for MCN's announcement that it will make other bike builders wince. Well I have never read such much bullshit in my life.

Reply to this Topic
gunshot72

May 09

gunshot72 says:

YAWNNNNNN!

I would have considered trading in the Blade for one of these but the presenter has put me right off. It's like watching a review done by the Grim Reaper. I agree with others here, the fact that it has BMW on the side will put them in a very difficult position from the onset. I for one hope it fails miserably because although I quite respect BMW as a company I detest all of the dealers. Stuck up knob jockeys every one of them and I've met a few.

Reply to this Topic
yeharrr

Nov 06

yeharrr says:

give over

Come on, give them a break. I don't know how much money MCN has to splash about, but at least I got to watch a video of a nice new bike......for free. and read stuff out of MCN on my computer....for free. Yes there are adverts on this ...free...video and in this....free web mag. But keep on knocking them and maybe they will do what one commenter suggested, just not bother to do it at all. Maybe the guy in the video is a bit pan faced because he is waiting for some 'profesional' to post telling him how bad he and his crew are. Maybe he can't get overly exited about the shoot because he knows a load of moan jockeys will be watching it. Thanks for the video MCN, you can keep sending them to my computer.

Reply to this Topic
Thejesusandmarychain

May 09

Good video

Some people commenting sound like they want to be entertained by zany presenters and artistic camera angles. Not me.. I watch MCN videos because Im interested in bikes, listening to them, looking at them and hearing what peolple have to say about them.. For me this video was fine. 

Reply to this Topic
fledlick

Jul 04

fledlick says:

I agree with Yeharrr, Thanks for a good Video, keep up the good work. As for the comment from Yawnnnnnn about BMW Dealers you obviously haven't  been to Southport Superbikes, Mike, Roy and all of the staff are down to earth and are always welcoming.

Reply to this Topic
bullpizzle

Nov 09

bullpizzle says:

It's about the bike, innit? Not about some poor sod who has to be lumped with a video camera and microphone and what seems to be according to the credit some other bloke roped in to hold the camera. So how much do youse reckon it would cost to send a vid crew? Never mind. Gunshot72 said: "I would have considered trading in the Blade for one of these but the presenter has put me right off." W T F has the presenter got to with anything? I was thinking of buying Buckingham Palace but the social has just given me a quid extra this month. Twat.

Anyways, put R1 and BMW side and you'll see the BMW wins. look at exhaust silencer design, look how many fasteners are not thrown at the BMW and it hasn't got a godawful pink frame.

Reply to this Topic
4418geoffg

Aug 07

4418geoffg says:

TREVS WORDS!!!

Mr.Franklin,

you may be a top journalist and rider, but not the best commentator. What are these strange words you are using to describe the BMW? BUDDEN,SEDDING,BUDDERFLIES,BEDDER and LAIDER.

Keep up the good work!

GG

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices