Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Norton Commando 961SE world first ride - "The legend is back!" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Norton Commando 961SE world first ride - "The legend is back!"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Norton Commando 961SE world first ride - "The legend is back!"

MCN has been granted a world exclusive first ride on the production ready Norton Commando 961 SE.     Norton Commando 961 first ride: "One seriously desirable bike" Video: Norton Commando 961 set for launch We already know that the new Norton Commando is mouth-watering to look at, but what's it like to ride? Watch the video to find out... http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 November 2009 09:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Production Ready?

"the engines a tiny bit rough but this is the first prototype" Lies any one?

You cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear just by sticking Ohlins and Brembo,s on it.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Ha!

Nicely put Rowdygrimly, I can't see how this bike could ever be worth the silly price they are after for it.

Reply to this Topic
JOOLZNED

Jan 09

JOOLZNED says:

Norton

Beautiful bike I for one love it, anthough the only exception is the lack of a decent exhaust note.

Reply to this Topic
jimbob46

Dec 08

jimbob46 says:

He mentioned it in the vid but there's not a lot of ground clearance on the pipes, expensive to keep replacing!  Love the look, the sound can be changed but a lot of money.

Reply to this Topic
aw11star

May 06

aw11star says:

PIPES.

looks smart, love the styling, gold Ohlins look a bit taky though! sounds like a bag of spanners (an over used term...but it does) and as for ground clearence, those pipes look like they'll get ripped off before the tires even warm up.

If the problems are so obvious to the people posting on here...why haven't they sorted it before giving MCN a go????

Reply to this Topic
stevieboy1962

Feb 06

won't it need a chainguard  to be legal ?  apart from that the mrs would never let me spend 15 grand on a bike with no pillion seat

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

aw11star overused maybe but?

I came on here to state the same thing it really does "sound like a bag of spanners" and if you are buying one of these for nostalgia then just buy an original commando at least it sounded ok  and it won't drop in value like this heap,At that price this thing is pointless looks and sounds like 5grands worth tops

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Make up your mind man???

MikeRotherhamsays

hmm

Norton ? where? looks like a nasty streetfighter somebody knocked up in a garage somewhere with Norton decals on the tank.
25 November 2009 12:50

In your last post you said it looked like a wannabee track day bike!!!!!!!!!  To be fair though, talking pish is talking pish but at least make up your mind what actual pish you really think , ha ha

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Bag o' spanners

I love the term, you Brits have a lovely way of expressing yourselves. I had the same thought, the sound of the bike throughout the video was if the microphone had been placed on top of the rocker box. Needs to have that old Commando sound. I can see a lot of after-market pipes being sold and Norton would be wise to keep them in their catalog! I thought my Guzzi was loud!

Otherwise, I'm glad to see it come to market and add additional flavor to our sport.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

This first run of SE models is already sold out so they must be doing something right, If you want something that is more refined & smoother there are  plenty of mass produced bikes out there to choose from. Parrallel twins are well known for not being the smoothest engine configeration around.

Its a great looking bike & I wish the company success for the future.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices