You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Mod1 illegal riding

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

21castlehill

Jul 09

21castlehill says:

Mod1 illegal riding

When I was doing my Mod 1, 1 candidate rode up to the center without L plates or instructor on a 500.  He then fitted L plates in view of the examiner, examiner reported the whole incident to the police.

Now I was wondering I have passed mod 2 and currently have an ER6F (restricted), what would the reaction be if I ride this through to test center with restrictor fitted, remove the restrictor at the center, fit L plates and submit myself for test.  I'm considering this approach as it's almost impossible to get an instructors bike for the day as there is only one within 100 miles of where I live and he's pretty busy (works evenings only).

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 November 2009 09:34)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bozgeezer

May 08

Bozgeezer says:

Most confusing...

Thread i have ever read. The law is simple;

I you are over 21 and pass your test (1+2) on a 125 then you can ride any bike retricted to 33bhp. You do not need to display L plates.

If you then ride your restricted bike to test centre and remove restrictor you can do mod 1 and 2 on it. BUT you must put the restrictor back in after mod 1 pass.

Do the same for mod 2, and if you pass you can then ride home without the restrictor. BUT if you fail mod 2 then you must put the restrictor back to ride home.

I did my test on a 125 and then bought a cbr600rr restricted. I did not mind this as I knew I would be in Afghanistan for nearly 2 years so would not have much time on the restricted bike. And anyway, no one but you knows it is restricted when out on the road.

Reply to this Topic
kaz650

Jan 10

kaz650 says:

Mod 1

Why didnt you do the DAS from the beginning?  I think a couple of years with the restriction is a good idea, gives you experience and understanding of how vunerable we are on these roads !

I have just passed my 125 test, and have a restricted  600 Diversion, feels like a huge step, so in no rush to step up to de-restricted bike just yet.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices