You are in... Forums > General > General > Would you stop of you ran over a dog

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

Would you stop of you ran over a dog

I know you would if you were on a bike as you'd probably be on the road too :tongue:

Some twat ran over my parents collie dog and didn't even have the decency to inform anyone, just left it there for dead. Our neighbour found it a while later dead :upset:

Arseholes :mad:

Parents were wondering where it was as it hadn't home for lunch or tea, their other other dog keeps looking for her.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5140/dogsi.jpg

The one on the left is no more.

Humans eh !

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 November 2009 16:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Sorry

to hear of the demise of your pooch:upset:

Dogs - domesticated - therefore you have to report it (legally).

Cats - semi-domesticated - don't have to report that. They get their semi domesticated status as a result of not having to be kept under 'proper control' - ie on a lead / not allowed to 'stray'.

Something about the unconditional love you get from a dog eh?

Reply to this Topic
950Darren

Oct 08

950Darren says:

sorry ..........

But the dog should be looked after:winkie:  And you know that too but that doesnt give the looney the chance to add a badge to his fairing/ bumper:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Quite Simply

the saddest post on here.

I would stop, and I would be gutted if I had killed the dog.

Bastards:mad:

Reply to this Topic
flatspots

Aug 09

flatspots says:

Blame aside, should have stopped. Now on his/her conscience if they have one?

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

re: 950Darren

See you point but to put it in context it's a very remote part of the western isles and dogs can roam reasonably freely (compared to a city or even a small town). Dogs have been knocked over lots of time but people always say "sorry, I ran over you dog etc"...it's just wierd for someone to clonk the poor girl and not tell the house right beside them what happened. Only 40 or so people live in this village. Thats what bugs and upset us to some degree.

Maybe a tourist, who knows.

It's the wickerman for them and you when you visit :wink::lol:

Reply to this Topic
Jaynk

Apr 09

Jaynk says:

I would stop

I would stop. It would really upset me if I hit a dog and I would want to find out who it belonged to and apologise to them. I would do exactly the same if I hit a cat.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents dog Tazzer, whoever hit it is really sick & heartless just leaving it for dead.

Reply to this Topic
jimmuck

Nov 09

jimmuck says:

of course I would stop

I would certainly stop and do all I could to help a dog, I once had to dodge a cat flying at me after it had been hit by a car, I stopped (the car kept on going) but it was dead so I left it at the side of the road.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Sorry to hear this ..

... To answer the question - yes. I would stop. I tend to stop even if I hit a rabbit! :wacko: (to check on it..and take it to the vet ... I have done this with a seagull and pheasants too).

I once ran over a cat  and didn't stop ...but I was driving a truck ...it was on the M8 motorway ... and I thought trying to stop might cause a motorway 'pile-up' (it was dark and raining) apart from which, it was almost certainly dead and the bastard gave me no chance ... it wandered into the carriageway ...I moved into the middle lane ... it kept going ... I tried to keep going round it ..it kept going ...and ended up running over the thing in the fast lane! :wacko:.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Irwin

Apr 09

Irwin says:

Flat dogs

Hi tazzer lets face it mate, we dont live in the seventys anymore where dogs used to rome about, and get taken off the streets by dog catchers. As you know dogs must be on leeds except for parks maybe. If a dog fetched me off my bike, i would not give a toss about the dog, in fact i would give the owner a good seeing too. Am sorry about your parents dog it can take long time to get over the upset.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices