You are in... Forums > General > General > Top Gear Bike Stig

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

Top Gear Bike Stig

Does anyone here watch Top Gear ?

I often do, not because I am interested in cars, but I think it's well presented.

I like the funny challenges they do and seeing how stars in the reasonably priced car do around their test track.

I have often wondered how a bike riding stig would do around that track on a full on sports road bike.

What do you think.

Would it teach bike hating Clarkson a lesson, or would it be an embarassment ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 November 2009 16:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Been done by 5th Gear

Sportsbike wins. :winkie:... and that's with Toseland 'showboating' with wheelies all over the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDTLtwSS7fc   

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Reply to this Topic
gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

Damn

I don't seem to be able to see vids on my computer.

Clarkson raced a CBR600 on the track on one episode of Top Gear and then took the piss because the bike was way off the pace.

I somehow didn't believe it at the time.

So what happens on this vid ?

The Lambo / Ducati vid is from 5th Gear.

I've no problem with them because Tiff is into bikes

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Gizza

Both vids are from 5th Gear .. first is Tiff v Toseland ..Civic R v  Fireblade... bike wins.

Second is Tff v Leon Haslam ... Lamborghini v Ducati ...bike wins. (but it's close). :winkie:    

Reply to this Topic
gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

!

I've seen the Lambo/Ducati vid.

I'm more interested to know what people think the chances of a bike being at the top of the Top Gear track ratings.

It hasn't been done, so it's only opinions.

Oh and Lambo V Ducati wasn't Haslam, but I can't remember who it was.

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

Got me thinking

I watched a vid a while ago, not sure who filmed it now, but it was a race between a Blade and a Porsche 911. The Porsche won by a knats cock.

I think it depends on the type of track. I would like to see a decent full on race bike, having a pop at the record though, I reckon it would be damn close though.  

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

Top gear

Who can remember the top gear special when the three musketeers traveled across Vietnam on rather low powered bikes ?

I can remember Clarkson admitting he was rather enjoying the riding at one point and could understand the appeal ! That was on a clapped out scooter so I wounder what he would think of riding an R1 around the twisties .

Bless him :smile

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Top gear track

Lets pay them a visit and see how fast a lap can be done on a road bike after all they can't be using the track all day?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

I fear Clarkson...

may be a Bike Troll....whatever the outcome, he would never say a bike was better than the Cars.....some people just have attitudes you cannot change....it does help to be an 'opinionated tit',if you are on telly...I think that's what May's job is on the programme...to be a reasoning foil, for Clarksons sometimes 'extreme' views..a sort of 'calm down dear' moderator.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
plainsimple

Oct 08

plainsimple says:

The Trojan Horse

in the Top Gear trio is Hammond. He loves bikes and has shown it quite a few times both in Top Gear and in his very own documentaries. Rememer this race North when he was riding an old Norton... Lost badly but his spirit was soaring!

I've also dreamt about a biking "Top Gear" but let's be realistic - not in this programme, not with this team. Clarkson loathes bikes... I bet he doesn't even hold a motorcycle licence.

I love Top Gear even if it's only about cars though! :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle