Skip to content

Riding & events Riding skills: How to land after a high-side Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Riding Skills > Riding skills: How to land after a high-side

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Riding skills: How to land after a high-side

Most feared of self-induced crashes, the highside is unique in demanding a conscious decision of how to land. This is part of the reason the higher you go, the worse the outcome tends to be: you have more time to think about it. Step one: Relax Your natural reaction is to brace for impact or put an arm out before you...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 November 2009 16:21)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mender

Aug 02

mender says:

Obviously not a fast thinker!

Fantastic, I tried this a while ago on(or off!) my TL.  I remember the first part of step 1, however the impact with tarmac removed any further ability to think! result:- broken 5 ribs, collar bone in2 places, shattered shoulder blade, broken leg and dislocated ankle. I definitely got step 4 right though!!

But I like to think..............next time I will get it right as I gracefully glide aloft trying to remember, do I curl up before I land? or is it sliding or tumbling is best! 

Reply to this Topic
committed

Aug 08

committed says:

Hands in

After my supermotard highsided me, I went high & when I landed I slid. I got step 4 catastrophically badly timed & flipped back up before landing on my knees then flailing my hand into the track. Result, destroyed Denise leathers around the knee area, but no damage to knees & a completely smashed hand.  Keep those arms in & count to 3 after you think you've stopped!!!

Reply to this Topic
M1kiboy

Dec 02

M1kiboy says:

Have had a couple of highsides and had no option how i landed either time.  Just make sure your kit is decent as it helps

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle