Skip to content

Discuss This Superpole format tweaked for 2010 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Superpole format tweaked for 2010

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Superpole format tweaked for 2010

The all new WSB Superpole format introduced at the beginning of 2009 has been revised for 2010. Following consultation with teams and riders, Superpole one, which sees the fastest 20 riders after qualifying participate, now lasts 14 minutes, not 12 minutes. Superpole two stays the same with the fastest 16 men given 12 minutes to progress. Superpole one gives the fastest eight...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 November 2009 16:10)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vee5

Jul 04

vee5 says:

I thought the organisers would have got rid of the qualifying tyres and just made the riders set there times on race tyres.Seems to make sense to me and reduces costs from Pirelli's point of view.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Could have done better

I agree that getting rid of the qualifying tyres would be more likely to ensure the fastest riders go through to Superpole 3. Equally they could have given the riders 1 qualifying tyre for each Superpole session though that would prove a lot more expensive for Pirelli.

Personally I've never been a fan of Superpole, though the new format is better than the old way, and would much rather see the riders given one qualifying tyre each and start the race from where they qualified. I know it's old school for WSB but it works fine in motogp (even without qualifying tyres) and the final 10 minutes are far more exciting to watch than Superpole.

Reply to this Topic
Hondasixrr

Dec 05

Hondasixrr says:

Tyres

I thought they only had 2 qualifying tyres?

So the slower riders use the in the 1st & 2nd qualifying session.

I agree with vee5. It would be better to use just race tyres & get rid of qualifyers all together.

Reply to this Topic
Overlookedlegend68

Oct 09

Make It Simple

Wouldn't it level the playing field to just give all riders an allocation of tyres for the weekend, and then let the riders and teams choose from the available compounds supplied by Pirelli.

Get rid of the rubbish that is knock out (in my opinion trying to contrive a spectacle) and then have a session that everyone goes hell for leather and the quickest riders end up at the front?

I've never seen the sense in trying to CREATE a spectacle, when race watchers just want to see the best riders going for pole??

Am I being too old school??

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

intense thought

Mind staggering how the powers that be came up with such an idea. I wonder how many hours were spent in meetings before the idea of  adding 2 minutes to the first session, then taking them off the last session was agreed. Like it will really make any difference. ARSEHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ORRIDHENRY

Nov 09

ORRIDHENRY says:

future of W.S.B.

Rossi signed for Ducati for 2011, to race in both Motogp and Wsb ,could he race in both series ?(assuming race weekends do not clash)..........Flavio Briatore to run top W.S.B team,why not ?(he would not only bring massive sponsorship to the series,along with T.V rights to promote the series. Yes we all know he was banned from F1,for a racing incident, whitch occurs every race in F1) just imagine Rossi v Briatore ,definatly on each others christmas card list.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle