Skip to content

General what bike? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > what bike?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Absolute17

Nov 09

Absolute17 says:

what bike?

Hey guys i'm looking for a first big bike the ones i was looking at were:

Xj6 Diversion F
BMW F800R
BMW F800GS

What are your opinions on the bike?
I saw the XJ6 at the bike show and i was shocked at how plasticy it all felt, and how badly made it was. So thats why i thought i would try spend a bit more money on a bike that would last longer!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 December 2009 09:13)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Street Triple

is the way to go. BMW's arn't as reliable as they are cracked up to be, although the 800's are still a good buy second hand.

Reply to this Topic
foxy-teamSTW

Jul 07

foxy-teamSTW says:

Street triple

I agree with u2bf above. I had a test ride on one last year, and it put a right smile on my face, and I've been riding 750+ bikes since 1976!! They're ace!

Reply to this Topic
Absolute17

Nov 09

Absolute17 says:

street triple

i thought about them.. and other naked bikes - but the insurance costs to much :( 

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Street triple

is def the way to go :tongue: you'll be glad you did if you do:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

SV 650s

Fully faired S version you can pick up for 4.5k, not as good as a street but a lot cheaper, bomb proof engine and is a hoot to ride and cheap to insure.  I admit im biased as i have one but the street was a great hour if you can affor

Reply to this Topic
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

XJ6 F800R F800GS

Absolute17, wow , I'd been figuring out which bike to buy , and had the same three models as choices.
I've had a 1989 vintage FZR 600 for years , but used it rarely in the last 10 years. I eventually gave it to my uncle who replaced loads of parts and is now blasting round Coleshill on it !

Now in my 40's I thought I'd treat myself to something (new)  with a bit more of an upright riding position , and perhaps some new boots and kit .
Maybe even bike to work, rather than take the car.

Now initially the XJ6 was planned since they are available brand new for £3999 if you try! They look great and have to be a better choice than a ratty secondhand Bandit or Hornet.

However then I saw a F800R in white (at a BM sponsored Golf tournament ), it looked like nothing I'd ever seen before , just awesome. So I set about ways of coming up with the extra money . ( the wife might be divorcing me anyway , no joke,) so i though , what the heck I could stretch to this.

However last week in Capetown ( avoiding the snow here , enjoying 33 deg C temps there )  I rented an F800GS ( again in white colour). I was gobsmacked about the ride. Its a lot bigger than my old FZR . It has as much torque as a fireblade and I was totally hooked. A great riding position and in my opinion , in the flesh it looks so much better than on paper.

What i hadn't fullly understood is that the GS is quite  a bit more expensive that a F800R. ( do i need heated grips? do i need ABS?)

Let us know what bike you buy heh?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices