Skip to content

Discuss This Honda VFR1200F price announced: £11,596 on the road New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda VFR1200F price announced: £11,596 on the road

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Honda VFR1200F price announced: £11,596 on the road

Honda's VFR1200F will cost £11,596 on the road when it goes on sale on Valentine's weekend next February. More info on the Honda VFR1200 Honda has also been announced that it will come with three years' AA roadside breakdown cover as well as a three-year warranty - some proof that Honda is confident in the long 8000-mile service intervals being enough...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 December 2009 10:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plainsimple

Oct 08

plainsimple says:

Is it worth that much?!?!

Too bad the price was announced after the test ride review...

Reply to this Topic
crappyname

Feb 09

crappyname says:

Way too much!

Im sure the bike will be ace but thats far too much cash.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

NOT AS BAD AS HAD BEEN FEARED

On the whole I am not too disappointed with the price considering the service intervals and a 3 year warranty to boot. Honda once again take a step forward with this bike and I cannot wait to have a test ride to see what all the hype was about. Would I buy one ???. IF it is as good a bike as I think it might be then the answer is most definitely yes. Unlike the vast majority of blogs abouv the VFR I think it is a sweet looking bike considering is shaft drive and carries hard panniers etc etc. Roll on Valentine's Day and with two and a half months to be a good hubby her indoors might even buy it for me as a V days pressie. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Not a fan

Sorry, but I still think its an ugly lump. However, the price as these things go (inc. extras) seems pretty reasonable to me, which, more than ever, makes me wonder how Norton costed the price of their bikes - beautiful but far too pricey - shame.

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

With C-ABS as standard? If so, not much more than the ABS blade and you get similar bhp.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Which one?

This, an S1000RR or an RSV4-R ?

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

I'd sooner get an S1000RR with the sport pack but thats not a tourer.

I might get a VFR test ride just to see what they are like. I test rode a VFR800VTEC and wasn't that impressed.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

hard to justify

when you're spending that sort of money on a bike it needs to be special and tick all the boxes incuding style, premium badge on the tank etc as well performance and everything else, and this just dosent. With so many European offerings these days that offer that little bit of style x-factor and desirability, combined with decent build quality and performance - the Japanese need to offer something extra in terms of technology and performance - and they just cant anymore if this bike is anything to go by.

I cant get over the looks - not every bike needs to be a Tamborini master-piece, but the front of the bike is so ugly in particular, it borders on taking the piss.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Lost point...

Well I'm sorry this is not what I wanted at all (selfish me eh!)  I hoped that Honda would reflect the success they had prior to the VTEC VFR.  A new VFR800, sharper, faster, lighter and able to scratch a little with the sportbikes, but  in relative comfort...you know like the Sprint.

Honda have lost track with reality and built us all another overweight bike that rivals the Pan European and not the Sprint, ST4 and the like.  Triumph must be laughing their socks-off, the new Sprint will be released late next year, I believe and hopefully it will fit the bill for me anyway.

There's no doubt it's a good bike, but by the sounds of it the greatness the VFR attained over the years will not be revived in this model.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Honda

Ive had 2 hondas and didnt like either of em as much as my gixxer

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN