Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Suzuki_Dude

May 05

Suzuki_Dude says:

Bandit 1250s Starting

Hello all,
My dad has a Suzuki Bandit 1250s on 07 plate and starting from about 2 months ago it starts 50% of the time and doesn't the other 50%. He's replaced the battery but exaclty the same happens so he has to carry a charger round with him so he isn't strandard, all help is appreciated!

Thanks
Andy

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 December 2009 11:57)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

charging

There is a charger on the bike called an alternator from there it goes to the regulator/rectifier and then to the battery in d/c form.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
Irwin

Apr 09

Irwin says:

BANDIT

Hi Dude does your dads bike have an alarm, because they can run battary down if your not using the bike that much. Do you know if your dad brought a decent battary, other then that sounds as if somthing is draining it

Reply to this Topic
zephyrdave

Jul 08

zephyrdave says:

battery

Sounds like the regulator/rectifier may have a problem. You can check this with a multimeter to see if it's charging the battery when the engines running - or see if the lights get brighter if you rev it from tickover. If the reg/rec's ok then you might have a bad earth connection somewhere that's draining the battery...

Reply to this Topic
Suzuki_Dude

May 05

Suzuki_Dude says:

Starter motor

cheers for all the replys,
Just spoke to my dad, and the battery is still fully charged but it isnt turning over when thumbing it. He's just took the starter motor off and that is the problem, the magnetic strips in the case have come off, one have been chewed up and the others have stuck on the cylinder. completely messed up. anyone know any brakers that may have any bandit 1250s that he can take one from?

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Starting

Theres a guy on ebay called landmarkbreaking who,s breaking a complete K7 1250 bandit at the moment, if not you could use partfinder and the people will contact you with the parts. I used this method 2 weeks ago and was very pleased with the responce.

Reply to this Topic
banditsteve99s

Nov 12

bandit1250starting

update:this is dad,that was at 10,000 miles,i put a 2nd hand one on,it made it to 20,000 then i got a new one 450 quid,done nearly 29,000 now,i hope it keeps going well past 30. my 1200 bandit had 50,000 on it when sold,march 07 and its still going,so its not like i dont know what im doing

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices