Skip to content

Discuss This Norton’s Café Racer stars at NEC! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Norton’s Café Racer stars at NEC!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Norton’s Café Racer stars at NEC!

The stunning new Norton Café Racer is proving one of the star attractions at this week’s International Motorcycle Show at Birmingham’s NEC. Video: Norton Commando 961 SE The bike, which was exclusively revealed by MCN first and then publicly unveiled at the show, is based on Norton’s existing 961 Commando but with significant changes to give it a more aggressive, sporty attitude. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 December 2009 13:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mooky55

Jul 08

Mooky55 says:

$$$$$

at 14k you have to be ramsay to buy this thing, would buy it if it were 9-10k

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

Expensive? You kidding me?

Went to the NEC, and all I saw were middle aged men climbing all over this machine, eyes wide open, pockets bulging with cash. For these guys, and there's 1000's of them, £16k is nothing, it's loose change.

If you compare the price of this to a yacht or a vintage sports car, it's nothing. Norton know their target market, and their target market can well afford it.

When I'm 55-60, I hope I can too.

Reply to this Topic
dazfuller

Oct 07

dazfuller says:

I'd rather have one of these

I was at the bike show yesterday and loved this bike, although to be honest at the price and with a kid on the way I'll probably be middle-aged before I can afford it :(

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

dazfuller

first, and most importantly, congrats on having a little one on the way; I wish you and your wife / partner the best of british.

Secondly, hold on to the dream - I've been there and children can put the mockers on biking, but there will come a time - can't be sure you'll be able to afford one of these beautiful Nortons (I can't!!), but perhaps an equally cracking Triumph?

Again, hope all goes well for you and yours. Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
dazfuller

Oct 07

dazfuller says:

BikerBookworm

Thanks, I'll definately hold on to the dream and I was eyeing up the Triumph Scrambler at the same time as well as the Royal Enfield Bullet Electra's both of which are a little closer to my price range.

In the mean time though I did notice that Triumph are selling baby suits so if I can't buy a triumph I may still be able to admire a picture of one as my little one is dribbling (or more likely vomitting) over it :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices