Skip to content

Discuss This Read it and wince: Honda VFR1200F US price revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Read it and wince: Honda VFR1200F US price revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Read it and wince: Honda VFR1200F US price revealed

Honda has set the US price of the new VFR1200F at a level guarantee to raise UK buyers’ eyebrows.  More info on the Honda VFR1200 The new sports-tourer will sell for just £9,782 in the US – almost £2000 less than in Britain. The $15,999 US price compares with £11,596 in Britain and is the same as Honda charges for the Pan...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 December 2009 16:42)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondarc30

Jul 09

hondarc30 says:

Tell the Full Story and try not to...

be sensationalist !!

Compare apples with apples. In the UK the price you quote is the OTR price. In the US you need to add state tax plus delivery plus PDI and registration. That lot will come to an additional $2500 or 1500 quid. So the price in total would be around 11,300 quid, 300 pounds less in the states but not the 2000 quid you quote. In general everything is cheaper here but the VFR1200 is actually quite close price-wise between the US and the UK.

Having said that it is still a tidy sum of money to pay and I am in no way condoning the asking price.

BTW you can pick up the existing VFR800 with full luggage for around $8,000... now that is a bargain !  

Reply to this Topic
BusaBeater

Aug 02

BusaBeater says:

I agree with hondarc30...

MCN sensationalist ?

Well I never !!

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Well, the price differential will increase after Jan 1st when the VAT goes back up to 17.5%... Never mind what the Yanks pay, how about price comparisons with our EU cousins?

I suspect that might turn out to be a better story, facts-wise... ;)

Reply to this Topic
ILOVETAKETHAT

Oct 09

Euro vs UK

I'm sure I read somewhere that the price was annouced in Europe as 15,500 Euro! That would be £13,500 for the standard version - in the UK at £11,500 (working on 1.15 euro to the £) - Bargin! Now that is a story to run - come on MCN stop being negative and run some postive stories!  

Reply to this Topic
aw11star

May 06

aw11star says:

DN01 - da jar vous

I suspect Honda have made another pricing cock up here, like they did with DN01.

Anyone fancy buying a new VFR to find Honda slash the price when they don't sell aswell as expected, in turn reducing the value of every honest customer who paid full whack initially...........

personally, i wouldn't want to take the chance!

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

On the Road price for my county would be $15999 + 1320 tax + 300 title + 57 license fee + 37 inspection fee for a grand total of $17713.  Now if I want the hard luggage with mounts and a centerstand 'm probably looking at $19700 as the current VFR's hard luggage and mounts went for a whopping $1700 here.  Centerstands usually run about 300.

For that price, I can get a new gen Multistrada with hard luggage, Ohlins suspension, DTC and ABS.

Both are unproven new sheet designs, but the Ohlins and DTC would push me towards the Italian for the same price.

Reply to this Topic
Nelson955

Jan 03

Nelson955 says:

The price in the USA is before any local sales taxes and other fees are added. The UK price is with VAT at 15%. If you add 15% to the UK price it comes out at £11249. Not much difference at all.

Reply to this Topic
Nelson955

Jan 03

Nelson955 says:

Ooooppps, I meant if you add 15% to the USA price!! DOH!!

Reply to this Topic
nickhowes

Aug 09

nickhowes says:

US VFR 1200 Price

Not made of money, so wouldn't dream of buying a brand-new model like the 1200 for at least a couple of years.  Besides my new VFR 800 VTEC with all the luggage was had for less than 8 grand in Sep!  BTW Honda, BIG mistake not being at the NEC!

Reply to this Topic
akasuperfan

Aug 02

akasuperfan says:

US price of motorcycle

To All

I live in the state of Iowa, which is in the center of the USA. I have been to the UK and Europe twice to attend car and motorcycle races. When I was there I went to several motorcycle shops and talked with several riders about what it cost to put a motorcycle on the road. The prices of the motorcycles is much lower where I live. There is a used 08 KTM 690 Duke at a local dealer for $6500.00USD that I'm looking at right now. Sales Tax (VAT) is 5.0% and we do not have a Property Tax on motorcycles but other states do. There are no other inspection fees here. Our insurance rates are much lower than the rates I heard riders where paying in Europe. My full coverage insurance for one full year is: 02 BMW K1200RS $87.30USD, 06 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom $127.40USD and 92 Harley-Davidson FLHC( Electra Gluide Classic)  $145.90USD. Basically you guys pay alot more for everything than we do in the USA.  Gas(petrol) here today is $2.39USD for regular unleaded and $2.69USD for premiun unleaded per US gallon(3.78 liters). So we yanks don't have much to complain about then it comes to what it costs to own and ride a motorcycle here.  

Regards

John V. aka Superfan-Ride Fast and Take Chances

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices