Skip to content

Discuss This MCN ends lost licence chaos General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN ends lost licence chaos

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

MCN ends lost licence chaos

MCN has ensured no more motorcyclists need lose their licence to DVLA cock-ups by rewriting the government agency’s policy on licence renewals. DVLA bosses have agreed to immediately implement an MCN proposal that old licences be returned to riders when replacements are issued. It means that if motorcycle entitlement is missing from the new licence, riders will have the old one...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 December 2009 10:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

ON LINE RENEWAL

When I  first read about the cockups in licence renewals by DVLA a couple of years ago I moved house shortly after and needed to change my address on my licence as per the regulations. So I did an on line change of address and when my new licence arrived complete with all categories I had 21 days to post my old licence back to DVLA after first cutting up the paper and plastic parts of my old licence in 2 parts. So there is no need to change the system if you renew on line as you retain your old licence until the new licence arrives, simple. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

ON LINE RENEWAL

When I  first read about the cockups in licence renewals by DVLA a couple of years ago I moved house shortly after and needed to change my address on my licence as per the regulations. So I did an on line change of address and when my new licence arrived complete with all categories I had 21 days to post my old licence back to DVLA after first cutting up the paper and plastic parts of my old licence in 2 parts. So there is no need to change the system if you renew on line as you retain your old licence until the new licence arrives, simple. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

SORRY

Dicky internet connection. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
kebabmann

Aug 02

kebabmann says:

Excellent

Excellent excellent work. Logic sees through, and the man in the street sees normal thinking win out. Xmas pint from me for that one to Steve Fazrel. Damn good work guys.

kbm

Reply to this Topic
nedd

Feb 09

nedd says:

Good move

Yes, that sounds just about all`s well that ends well.  Does that mean that Police Technician who has probably just got to the 33 bhp 250 stage can now get a full licence straight away?

Anybody any idea what is happening to Donington?  Plus it may be complicated by Tom Wheatcroft (thanks for the museum, re-revival  and other brilliant jobs re Donington) dying recently ????     Is the extension and changes so far forward that money exhorbitant ie a new owner will have to spend too much to finish it or too much to go back to original ??

NOT CHUFFED ABOUT DAMON AND HIS MATES GETTING IT FOR 17 YEARS.  NEVER HAVE BELIEVED IT SHOULD STAY AT ONE PLACE ANYWAY. PLUS IF WE`RE GOING TO SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON IT THEY SHOULD MAKE AN EFFORT TO MAKE IT LIKE A RACE !   It should go to Brands, Silverstone occasionally cos too flat, plus Donington.  Plus I can`t afford ridiculous F1 prices anyway.  Should pay less than MotoGP -  less exciting less money.  PLUS WHERE WAS ALL GOVERNMENT MONEY TO HELP DONINGTON GET IT?  (they built roads and all sorts for Silverstone and think grants to track) THEY  - OH FORGOT THEY ONLY HELP SOUTHERNERS.  Sorry to get the Donington bit in etc -  thinking of writing a snotty letter to (even though he is decent bloke) Damon saying why hog it for so long.   Greetings, Nedd

Reply to this Topic
kung

Nov 09

kung says:

lost licence chaos

Whats the point ?

I just sent my application back with the LOST/STOLEN box ticked ! I will NEVER send my licence off not for anyone ! what if it gets lost in the post ? no thanks if the new licence would have came back minus my bike entitlement on i have my old one as proof.

Reply to this Topic
1000TT

Mar 08

1000TT says:

Nedd

Can I have some of what you're on, I want to be as mad as a box of frogs as well. AGREE WITH YOU RE-Brandshatch though. Lost licences etc, good on MCN, they worked hard on this and it's made it worthwhile for all of us, no more probs...hopefully. Bad news Kung, I hope you get it sorted. Colour Photocopy your licence before you send it anywhere, that way you have proof of what you had if it goes tits up. Better still scan it into your computer for your own records..always useful. You never know what the muppets at the DVLA will get up to next to make a bit more money!!!

Reply to this Topic
derekgfrench

Jul 04

derekgfrench says:

DVLA Policy Change?

My understanding was that even when someone had their old licence as proof, the DVLA would STILL not accept it, even when it was shown and accepted in a Court of Law that the old licence was the genuine and original one issued by the DVLA!

It looks like this is the key policy change - ie, the old licence IS now proof of a qualification to drive/ride, and overrides whatever the DVLA computer record may show.

Reply to this Topic
bth2bth2

Nov 08

bth2bth2 says:

lost licences

Hi all,

Just a thought...what if they punch the hole in the "wrong" place by accident??

or am i just being cynical.

take care all,

Brian H

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

A quick food for thought...

If you've lost your bike entitlement on a recent license renewal.... Hopefully you have an old scan or a photocopy somewhere.

Laugh in jest at my idea... then think about what banks, credit cards etc. you've had to apply for and have them take your driver's license as proof of ID.

Just a thought!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices