Skip to content

Discuss This New Honda CBF1000 not for the UK New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Honda CBF1000 not for the UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Honda CBF1000 not for the UK

The recently unveiled new Honda CBF1000 will not be sold in the UK as it would be too expensive due to the exchange rate between the Euro and the UK pound. The new Honda CBF1000 is a completely revamped version of the current model which manages to shake up the dull looks to match the bikes brilliant ability. Honda has opted not...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 December 2009 13:43)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sjtscott

Aug 02

sjtscott says:

Honda have lost the plot

Seriously who's running Honda? Would they like to actually have any bikes sales in the UK which arn't pure sports bikes anymore? - obviously not. The VFR12 is disappointing majorly and overpriced and to use cost as the reason not to bring this bike in is equally pathetic too.

Wake up and smell the coffee!!

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

How do BMW manage it then?

So how have BMW managed to make a stunning litre sportsbike (if the reviews are to be belived) at a price that competes with the big Japanese four? Eh? They have the same problem with the exchange rate and yet have come in punching hard in a fight they've never been in before.

Also, Ducati have managed to build quite a few models that have competed well on price. As have KTM. In fact, it seems like plenty of manufacturers have achieved the impossible task of pricing themselves competitively, despite the poor pound/euro exchange rate.

I have to confess to being really bemused by this move from Honda. There is a bizzare lack of direction and stratergy coming from the company and it seems like other manufacturers are stealing a bit of a lead on them. This is a shame as I've always had respect for the company.

Now a bike that has proved fairly popular and well respected and would probably have been guaranteed quite a few sales at a higher price is going to hand profits to their rivals. How many people are going to end up on an FZ1 or a Z1000? In fact, the FZ1 would cost over £9000 so the CBF1000 would have represented good value for money at £8100.

Weird.

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

Shame, it's certainly an improvement on the old one. Might have bought one, but have to agree with Honda UK on this one - it's not worth over £8000, even £7000 discounted is a bit steep compare to a Bandit 1250.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

It has more style then the previous version that was maybe a bit too conservative but the front reminds me a bit of the V-Strom, which isnt necessarily a good thing for me. Would love to try one of these though.

Reply to this Topic
plainsimple

Oct 08

plainsimple says:

Disappointing

Maybe Honda have done their homework and their market research has shown the higher price of the CBF would deter a lot of falk from buying it... But wouldn't that apply to all their models??? Why take off one of their best performing all rounders?! Surely many people would go for the new look with the same great performance despite the price...

All economic and marketing reasoning aside, this gives us, the UK customers, the sense of being left behind. Shame, Honda!!!

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Buy British

With this sort of thinking, could it be Triumph (with great bikes) may be looking at another year of growth in 2010 and another MCN award?

Reply to this Topic
DerekMcWilliam

May 07

GREAT NEWS

Once less Honda on the roads is great news in my book, sorry but i hate em!

Reply to this Topic
Dweeb

Mar 09

Dweeb says:

Will the exchange rate somehow suddenly change for the new VFR ?.

I think Honda UK have lost the plot.

Speak to any Honda Dealer after he's had a few drinks !.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

might it not...

...have more to do with the warehouse-loads of UNsold old CBF's that they need to shift first?

Reply to this Topic
strongjd

Feb 04

strongjd says:

Thankyou

No probs Honda, I'll go elsewhere.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN