Skip to content

Discuss This Kevin Schwantz: Suzuki wrong not to sign Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kevin Schwantz: Suzuki wrong not to sign Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kevin Schwantz: Suzuki wrong not to sign Ben Spies

Kevin Schwantz reckons Suzuki made an appalling error of judgement in not signing Ben Spies for its factory MotoGP squad in 2009. The Texan legend says Suzuki management must regret letting Spies move to Yamaha after he followed up a stunning World Superbike campaign with an impressive seventh place on his Yamaha MotoGP debut in Valencia last month. Spies impressed in three...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 December 2009 16:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

who wants suzuki ride ?

nobody in their right mind would get on that bag of crap.....loris is topping up his pension fund.......the bikes junk everybody knows it,i bet spies is thanking the lord for suzuki letting him go

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

who wants suzuki ride ?

nobody in their right mind would get on that bag of crap.....loris is topping up his pension fund.......the bikes junk everybody knows it,i bet spies is thanking the lord for suzuki letting him go

Reply to this Topic
breza

Feb 09

breza says:

spies

What a bunch of idiots...

You probably never heard of Spies before WSB... He was Kevin's protegee for years, just waiting for the call from Suzuki in WSB or Moto GP. Yoshimura is coming to SBK one year too late and recent form of Capirex and Chris just shows the magnitude of Denning's mistake. Remember, Kevins RGV was crap from day one, but he became a legend regardlessly of performance of his bike. If you're great you're great on any bike. Spies has the right attitude, big talent ang huge speed... and remember-he scored points on both rides on GSV-R, and he did beat the King of SBK... in his rookie year on the new bike. KS34 is always right. Denning? Not so sure...

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

False economy!

Suzuki thought they were taking the most cost effective route by signing Capirex and Vermeulen. In the end it has cost them more than they could have ever imagined. Spies was prepared to take a pay cut (and he did) over his AMA Salary which was already comparable to all but the top guys in MotoGP. Much has been said and written about this but in the end I gaurantee you there is much regret in the Suzuki Camp about letting the golden goose walk away to Yamaha. Suzuki has a long history of crapping on the guys who produce for them. Schwantz, Kenny Junior, Gibernau, Hopkins, Vernmeulen all have tasted the shit sandwich dealt to them by Suzuki. Hell Schwantz is even running Hondas at his school now!

I wish Bautista all the best! He will need it!

Denning must go!

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

"Egg on face" doesn't really describe it does it ?.

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

Spies

I don't think the Ben Spies saga is over yet Mr Schwantz...if Yamaha can't give Spies a 'full works' bike for the 2011 season, then I don't think he'll be on a Yamaha for long & as Yamaha only build 'works bikes' for Rossi & Lorenzo... I can't see Ben, after a successful season, accepting a customer bike which is 4 development stages behind the 'works bikes'...if Ben doesn't get equal equipment to the FIAT riders for 2011, then I personally think we'll see him on Dovi's Repsol Honda!!

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

carlosgiro you must be the bloody retard that option works both ways its not a 1 way street if you have the option you take it but if the team dont offer it you dont get it this was all about money and a long term deal he wanted.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices