You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > X-Max overheating

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

X-Max overheating

Hi, My Yamaha YP250R - X-Max - 2008 is overheating while it is raining and in traffic, stopping soon as i start moveing again; can you give me some advice on this occasional problem?

Tks :winkie:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 December 2009 12:20)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

overheating

Take it to the dealers it should be under warranty.:smile

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

I AGREE WITH JAFFA90

If you have a problem with a bike of this age take it back and have it tested under warranty.But it could just be that you are noticing the temperature gauge rising when it rains for some reason(maybe because of steam or something?).The reason i say this is because this sounds to me quite normal,the temperature will rise if your standing still,until it gets to a point where a temperature sensor will turn the radiator cooling fan on.While you are moving there is cooling air passing through the radiator and a thermostat to keep everything at the optimal running temperature.But if your worried get it checked out(best be safe).Good Luck

K.C.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

X-Max overheating

Thank you Kcm for your time and advice, will take the bike back to my dealer asap.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

X-Max overheating

Nice one Jaffa90, have booked the bike in for a good check-out next week, and will post the results here just as a follow up for you guys :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

X-Max overheating

Well after that problem have stopped for a while it come back again and this time the dealer changed the fan which was jamed according to them, under waranty £190 + labour...ouch!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices