Skip to content

Discuss This Electric racing crisis: who will sign MotoCzysz? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Electric racing crisis: who will sign MotoCzysz?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Electric racing crisis: who will sign MotoCzysz?

One of the biggest assets remains left to be claimed after the shock split in electric racing – MotoCzysz. But neither the FIM nor TTXGP has managed to impress the American innovator Michael Czysz, the man behind the captivating, if still unproven, E1pc. He says he fears the split, precipitated by the FIM after it withdrew its backing for TTXGP’s eGrandPrix world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 December 2009 15:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

ev bikes oh yes

Well I for one am waiting to see when we will get a decent production EV motorcycle for the road at a decent price that we can all afford.

The main problem with EVs is a simple one distance, power is clearly not so much of an issue but distance is, if i buy a bike i want to be able to ride it as far as i want for as long as i want without having to worry about having to call out a rescue service to charge up my batteries.

When they get over this problem of distance i will probably be one of the first buyers of an ev bike.

I don't want a scooter i want a proper bike, and i want rapid charging or some means of powering the thing equal to that of petrol for speed of refueling.

So what are they waiting for?

Reply to this Topic
bluebandit12

Aug 08

bluebandit12 says:

American Superbikes, as important as World Superbikes? What planet is he from? Typical blinkered yank, they all think they own the bloody world.  Electric bikes have a long way to go before they'll be taken seriously.  In fact they need to make them go a long way, at decent speeds, on one charge, which they don't yet.

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

And just how would you

suggest they do that Bluebandit?  The primary reason for a company to race is to further develop the technology. How else are they going to go further and faster unless they get serious. His point is that in the vaccum of an incomplete, incomprehensible or highly fluid set of regulations there can be no legitimacy. Hence his highly poinient comparison to the ill fated attempt of the DMG to shanghai the AMA series. His bike was far and away the most advanced on the grid and it has progressed since then. If they want to be taken seriously then they need a legitimate promoter and regulatory body to match.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Who Cares

I for one wont be PAYING to watch the bloody things race

not until they at least look fast and are giving close racing

Reply to this Topic
jbond

Aug 02

jbond says:

More hype

I have to say I did laugh at all the hype from the US entries in the TTXGP. And then to watch them being beaten by a bunch of Anglo-Indian nerds and geeks (no offence guys)!

Has Moto-Czysz produced anything but hype so far? Sure, the bike looks clever, just like their 4-stroke. But does it actually work? ISTR it didn't actually complete a lap of the TT, either in the race or in practice.

This whole press release just looks like a lot of moaning and excuses which get him out of actually competing anywhere and exposing the hype for what it is. If TTXGP and FIM (and TTXGP-US) all end up running a series, then either do all of them, or just pick one. Or cherry pick races. Put up or shut up.

Meanwhile the TTXGP-FIM split is just stupid. It's not at all clear what the hell is going on there. It seems that the TTXGP people have upset the Americans in some way because all the pro-FIM noise criticising TTXGP seems to be coming from there.

And as for the AMA, well they produced Ben Spies and Nicky Hayden, but it's been a second rate national championship for quite some time now. But this last year has been a monumental clusterf*ck that has destroyed any credibility it had. Stick a fork in the arse and turn them over, they're done.

And finally. The Electric rules as they now stand, allow a lot more streamlining than normal FIM racing rules. This really is a major change that finally reverses the ill considered ruules brought in during the 50s.
Sadly nobody is taking advantage of this yet. And sadly it doesn't go far enough as it excludes the Electric Monotracer. A "bike" that already has range, top speed, and Brno lap times well ahead of the TTXGP bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices