Skip to content

Discuss This Modern classics: Z1000 and Z1100R video General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Modern classics: Z1000 and Z1100R video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

Modern classics: Z1000 and Z1100R video

Just uploaded onto YouTube is this video of a Z1000 and Z1100R testing in Japan - and we're talking old school '80s Lawson style Z1000 not the modern version. We're unsure of the clips vintage but judging by the Arai helmet on one of the riders we'd guess at mid nineties, or it could be yesterday and they've raided the dressing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 December 2009 17:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pikfee

Dec 09

pikfee says:

Yeah wright

I owned one (100R) way back in the mid eighties(when dinos ruled the earth ;-)

the frames where  also made of a sort of elastic I think

mind you had lots of fun on this bike and what a way to learn to control  your bike.

Reply to this Topic
fatdrunkstupid

Jul 08

Blue smoke

they all did that , the one I owned ( B30 BDV Z1000R ) used a litre of oil per 1000 miles , came fitted with the loud Kerker pipe as standard, fast in a straight line , no brakes & crap suspension , them were the days..........

Reply to this Topic
ninjanige01

Dec 09

ninjanige01 says:

great memories

i just love to see this stuff.  still have my kz1000r2 and back in the day i didn,t think it handled all that bad for what it was until i started riding bikes with more modern technologies.

Reply to this Topic
wrinklyninja

Mar 10

wrinklyninja says:

lovin it still

had mi 1986 z1100r from new still get the same thrill the first time i road 20 odd years ago just like in the video

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle