Skip to content

Discuss This M40 bike crash General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > M40 bike crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

shagguk

Aug 08

shagguk says:

M40 bike crash

This week I was knocked off my bike by an Afghan taxi driver who drove off and left the scene! My beloved bike was sent flying up junction 15 and me the other way. Fortunately five lads runnning to help me captured a picture by accident and captured the driver and his car - at least the police got him! Lots of papers and the BBC reported the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 December 2009 09:53)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

accident

Glad to hear your alive and kicking,well nearly.:wink: 

Reply to this Topic
RavenOne

Jul 08

RavenOne says:

Nice to see a happy ending!

Reply to this Topic
houltmac

Dec 09

houltmac says:

The same happened to me about a month ago. I got lucky - not a scratch as I landed on top of the bike. I hope to get it back before Christmas but the driver got away.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

sorry to hear what happened

glad to hear you are well enough to talk about.

I have amazing powers of telepathy when it comes to these things, I think he may say he didnt see you.

Funny because he must miss pedestrians and road signs most days I presume.

At least that is one caught.

Reply to this Topic
XELA

Mar 04

XELA says:

M40 crash!

WoW on a Motorway is usually full of drivers/riders how this tool could think he could get away is a joke! they should ban him inefinately. Glad you're ok &I hope the bike didn't suffer too much either.Good luck and I know where you're coming from regarding your claim but it's a no fault to you it was the other party so therefore it shouldn't go against you ;) Get well soon and get back out there.....

P.s. Remember the Taxis "Just around the corner"!!! lol.

Reply to this Topic
yaxireaper

Feb 06

yaxireaper says:

instead of speed cameras,why don't they have driving like a  careless twat camera.They'd make a funking fortune.

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

WOT LICENSE?

Guaranteed he was driving on a friends or relatives license and doesn't speak english.

How do I know, because I have been in taxis where the driver speaks no english and has only been in the country for 2 days. That taxi license must come thru pretty F**KING fast then!

Reply to this Topic
hodge21

Sep 10

hodge21 says:

as a driver i see at least one instance a day of drivers crossing the hatchings to get off motorways i have seen cars reverse up the hard shoulder on to the hatchings then dive into live traffic to get off instead of going to the next junction and comming back and the number of people who dive accross at the one houndred yards marker is unbelivable perhaps if they put up a huge sign in blue telling you it is a mile to the next junction and perhaps another at half a mile would help the numptys

Reply to this Topic
nigeltempler

Oct 10

nigeltempler says:

Man that sucks!! Did the Police do him, what was the result? What an idiot, glad you're relatively unscathed, could have been so much worse.

Reply to this Topic
shagguk

Aug 08

shagguk says:

Update

Finally the case was heard on the 14th July 2011 after months of soliciters bouncing letters to and fro, on the dying minute at court he admitted he played some part in the accident (he played every part unless he thought i was staying at home that day!)

So i now get paid out and it was a pitifull amount of 8k awarded by the courts, not sure how 8k is worth the pain and the extra in public transport etc....

So now i get togo shopping for a new bike (think i fancy the daytona 675 not sure) and some new gear ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices