Skip to content

Products Product review: Oxford HotHands Parts & accessories

You are in... Forums > Products > Parts & accessories > Product review: Oxford HotHands

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Relph  says:

Product review: Oxford HotHands

Oxford HotHands, £49.99Miles covered/time: 1300/three months What’s good? Oxford HotHand overgrips are designed as a quick solution to cold hands in the winter, easy to fit, simple to wire in and do not take out to much of your valuable battery power needed on those cold damp mornings. The kit comes with all the necessary fittings to attach everything. There is a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 December 2009 11:34)

Post a message in Parts & accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motorhead1801

Jan 10

one problem in my eyes...

no heat control. I've seen other brands of heated grips and other oxford grips that have heat/temperature control and for me this is a let down of the hot grips. I occasionally found that when my hands were too cold the hot hands heat actually hurt my hands where it was so hot against icy hands and had to turn them off for a while.

however for ease of use, installation and removal these are a great additoin for the money.

one other thought for you though, as the hot hands wire directly onto the battery I'd disconnect the power block when you leave it for a while - some people think its fun to just flick that switch when your gone, then your in trouble when you get back to the bike

Reply to this Topic
RoadRashSpirit

Jan 10

I wont but these out of principle. Bike it used to sell an identicle product I believe even down to the shape of the switch box which they retailed at £29.99. At this price it was good value for money, proper grips will always be better but its a quick and in expensive solution which helps you forget about the products quality and imperfections. Untill all of a suddun bike it no longer sold this product and miraculously at the same time oxford did at an inflated price. And if I remember rightly theyve been putting the price up every year since, or at least it seems every time I look at the oxford stand in the nec. Poor show and to me sums up my opinion of alot of oxfords products. Over priced and with limited quality.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices