Skip to content

Discuss This Roland Sands' fat-tyred Ducati 1098: picture gallery Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Roland Sands' fat-tyred Ducati 1098: picture gallery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Roland Sands' fat-tyred Ducati 1098: picture gallery

In the December 16 issue of MCN we have the full story for Roland Sand’s cool fat-tyred Ducati 1098 – and here online you can see it in all its glory. We couldn’t fit the full image gallery in the paper, so we’ve uploaded them here for your viewing pleasure. Highlights of the motorcycle are a custom swingarm, 250-section rear tyre...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 December 2009 11:43)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Ruined

Roland Sands obviously doesn't ride sports bikes. If he did he would ruin the handling, turn in speed and unsprung weight by fitting a 250 section rear tyre. Totally un-necessary and it looks like an abortion.

Let the cruiser boys fit these huge tyres but don't inflict the pain onto sports bikes. You may aswell fit a 150mm swingarm extension while you're at it otherwise and chrome plate the entire bike.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

??

I know I'll put a huge tyre on me duke that'll get it in msn .Its like the rest of the "Custom" bikes , fuckin crap but this is even worse because its far from custom . Now if He'd knitted a rear tyre , then I'd be impressed

Reply to this Topic
lucacal

Dec 09

lucacal says:

Sands 1098

Actually wings1372 Roland Sands was a talented racer in his youth, winning the AMA 250gp class i 1998. He's also the driving force behind the 450 supersingle race bikes.  Unlike the other boffins on the US custom scene. 

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Yes I know

Lucacal, I am well aware of Roland Sands. My point was that he must no ride the 1098 he cynically produced for publicity, to get any kind of riding pleasure from them. MCN should not promote these type of stories, it's utterly pointless in the riding world. Although I do see many on the road riding so slowly they may aswell have fitted a 300 section rear tyre, the fanny lines on the 180's are so huge they obviously do not like corners.

If you don't like corners fit a huge rear tyre. If you do like corners leave the tyres as OE.

Reply to this Topic
RavenOne

Jul 08

RavenOne says:

Disgusting

Way to ruin a perfect Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Mmm...

What's with the bird in the first picture???

Does she ride the bike? Does she even have a licence?

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

It Sucks !

As an American, Im embarrassed to have Roland Sands on our side of the pond.  He just keeps fu#*king up great motorcycles in some sort of an attempt to establish himself as a "custom" bike builder. His father was a great innovator and builder of fine braking systems and other products.   Roland.......why dont you try getting a job down at the Meat Market  ?   You're good at butchering things up !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices