Skip to content

Discuss This Cycle group: Don’t encourage motorcycling General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Cycle group: Don’t encourage motorcycling

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Cycle group: Don’t encourage motorcycling

A cycle group has criticised a trial of motorcycles in bus lanes on the grounds it could lead to an increase in motorcycle traffic.  The London Cycling Campaign (LCC) says it ‘is concerned that the impact of this extra motor traffic will be on the whole road network, not just on the bus lane sections of the journeys’. The group takes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 December 2009 13:01)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
clive.king

Jul 07

clive.king says:

The silent menace

Cyclist in London are a bgger menace than motorcycles. Going through red lights, up one way streets, riding on pavements. I've been walking around London for years and not once have I been in danger from a motorcycle, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've nearly been flatterned by a fixed geared bandana wearing hippy.......

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

unfortunate cyclist

i'm a cyclist too, and i admit, i ride on pavements as well as roads, as the paths are usually the quickest way to and from pretty much everywhere in Skelmersdale where i live. but if i had enough money to get myself a motorbike, i'd give up cycling in a heartbeat (apart from family bike rides). more people should be riding motorbikes, as i'm pretty sure a car is more likely to run over a cyclist than a motorcyclist running over a cyclist. and yes, i've been hit by a car once, and had about 3 near misses with cars. not a problem with motorbikes though

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

Don't encourage Cycling

Hate to say it, since I also cycle, but these LCC twats are simply biggoted extremists for their cause.  Who's to say, to prove their point, that they won't start deliberately making maneuvers that cause crashes with motorbikes?  After all, by default of the law, the motorcyclist would unfairly be the one who is in the wrong.  It would be better to just remove the cyclists from the bus lanes.  They're slower and impede the flow of traffic as well as cause havoc and confusion to pedestrians.  Bunch of crybabies.

Reply to this Topic
iDAVE

Dec 09

iDAVE says:

Pay tax then you can have a say.

When cyclists start paying Road Tax for the privilege of using the roads, then they can have a say on who uses what part of the road......and I say that as a cyclist.....aswell as a biker.

Reply to this Topic
alien2

Aug 02

alien2 says:

Maybe someone should ask for the stats of how many pedestrians were knocked down or injured by mad cyclists on the footpath?

As for the environmental impact, global warming will one day be proved to be the biggest con of the 21st century, if not all time!

Alien

Reply to this Topic
twicky999

Sep 09

twicky999 says:

Cyclists

I wonder if the cycling equivalent of mcn runs story's that motorcyclists hate cyclists etc etc? And i do believe that one day global warming will be the biggest con. More and more people are becoming sceptical of it! davdamos- i live in burscough nr skem!

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Please...

Remind me again WHY there are BUS LANES?

Were they not a crazy idea from the 90s that resulted in halving the capacity of our roads in order to cause major traffic flow problems whereby the New Labia government were able to introduce congestion charging?

New Labia will soon be gone... Time for the bus lanes to go too...

F£ck the cyclists... Let em ride in amongst ALL the traffic... Bus lanes no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

I'm getting thoroughly pissed-off with pedal cyclist who seem to have zero road sense combined with a conviction of their own immortality and to cap it all those a***holes in government have decided that anyone involved in an accident with these turds is automatically at fault and will be prosecuted despite the probably insane behaviour that caused it !.

Reply to this Topic
pamberjack

Dec 09

pamberjack says:

MCN...

is always SO QUICK to slag off cyclists. What's a motorbike if not a bicycle with and engine? Cars are the enemy here people, not cyclists. Let's get our priorities in order!

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Cycles are the true menace not us

Walking across a pedestrian crossing on wednesday 23rd dec I was knocked flying by a lycra clad twat on a pushbike jumping the red lights. I ran after the idiot shouting at him to stop but he just disappeared into the traffic.The road has buslanes where the incident occured.

About a hundred yards up the road there was another moron riding a mountain bike on the very busy pavement yacking on his mobile phone!

Let me make it clear that I have no problem with  75% of cyclists, especially well trained ones, but there are an increasing hardcore of very selfish and dangerous pusbikers out there with no regard for the safety of other members of the public.

In my opinion cycles should be banned from bus lanes, not us.

BTW, pamberjack first time poster, clear off back to your mates on the ctc forum

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices