You are in... Forums > General > General > Mini Bikes for kids

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

agenot

Oct 08

agenot says:

Mini Bikes for kids

Driving home from work tonight I heard on the radio that the H&S Fanatics now want to stop all kids from riding these Mini Bikes.

I obviously feel for the family that have tradically lost their loved one while riding the bike, yet surley this accedent should not stop many many other kids from enjoying themselves as well as at the same time learning a skill.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (29 December 2009 19:49)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Mini bikes

Reports suggest it was electric powered, but no other details have emerged .It`s heartbreaking for the poor family to lose a 5 year old child.I lost a daughter to cancer at 36 years old and that was bad enough !

You can only ensure that they are wearing protective gear and have at least some confidence before launching .However I feel 5 years old is a bit young , most are barely managing push bikes at that age ! I wouldn`t like to see the Elf and Safety brigade banning things though .

Thankfully such a event is rare . More kids get fatally harmed by a bitter estranged father .

Reply to this Topic
kentuckey

Aug 02

kentuckey says:

Experienced rider !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8433630.stm

Ken.T

Reply to this Topic
muska

Nov 09

muska says:

5 year old

it was a quad if read read yahoo and no such think as experinced 5 year old not even after 5 years of riding

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Mini bikes

More information in the Daily Mail today suggests the machine was a KTM 50SX costing £2500 and capable of 30mph or 50mph derestricted .Apparently his experience was gained as a champion on a quad bike . He was supposed to have been wearing a helmet at the time . He was about to make the transition from quads to two - wheels and this Christmas present was the start . I know that my fellow posters will join me in offering our condolences to the family , who are  members of our two- wheeled community !

Reply to this Topic
muska

Nov 09

muska says:

with out saying

we all give our harts to the lost

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN