Skip to content

Discuss This Roland Sands' Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade streetfighter Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Roland Sands' Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade streetfighter

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Roland Sands' Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade streetfighter

This is how a top custom motorcycle builder raises cash for charity – building a slick Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade streetfighter to auction! LA-based custom bike builder and former 250GP racer Roland Sands is well known for custom and sportsbike-based one-offs alike. This Fireblade-based naked is one of his more restrained transformations, but it’s still a great-looking motorcycle that proves that a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (31 December 2009 12:21)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MeanMachinex

Dec 09

MeanMachinex says:

Looks

well Ugly

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

I like it!

Love the stripped back look, paint the sump to match the engine, re-route some of the radiator pipework and general engine wiring (or cover the edges with a small piece of cowl) and it would look perfect. kind of like a sportier looking faster thruxton.

Reply to this Topic
dickthebuttockscruttock

Feb 03

Excellent

Looks to me like the CB1000R that Honda should of built rather than the nicely styled, but watered down afair they released.

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Love it

I agree, looks like the bike the CB1000R should have been,  the only mod I would make would be a number plate! :)

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

I like the CB1000R too..

its got more than enough power, looks good (though not as good as the above) and handles great, is vastly underrated by MCN but not by any of the people I've met who've ridden one. But for me the old school round headlight and straight barred retro look on this is fantastic. Its a 'one-off' you could actually do too, cb600f lights from the right year aren't too rare, ring a breakers, get a cheap blade, exhaust and your away!

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Roland Sands

Makes well tasty bikes. Growing line of parts and accessories you can buy too. Wish he'd do some stuff so I can streetfighter my GSXF properly.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Thats what I want

Now that looks abit more like what I need. Well done Roland Sands, nice exhaust too.

I'd swap from a sportsbike to a naked like the CB1000R if they didn't ruin them by reducing the power by 50bhp. When they claim to re-tune (reality de-tune) all they do is chop off the top end and add about 5lb-ft in the low end, which is then negated as somehow removing a fairing and adding flat bars at the OEM's seems to add about 25-30kg over the sportsbike base model.

Reply to this Topic
speedtrooper

Dec 09

speedtrooper says:

There is No way

It looks as good as Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

meh

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

CB1000R-Blade difference

The CB1000R is 18kg heavier (thanks to the heavier engine and frame), is 53bhp less and produces around 10 ftlb less torque. But the peak power and torque are much lower down the rev range, making more of the power usable, The point of detuning the engine is not to reduce its total power output, but to make the bike pull better at lower revs, this comes at the expense of top end power, and top speed. which due the the lack of fairing isn't a problem as reaching a fireblades top speed without fairing is nigh on impossible. This shows the problem in using specifications 'Top Trumps' to judge bikes, it doesn't really tell anything like the whole picture.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices